BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i normally fish in the deleware river and was just wondering where i mite find some "nice size" stripers? last season i went up to the comm. barry bridge and caught a few. havent really had any other luck besides baby stripers. i was using blood worms and small eels. any ideas on bait? real or fake? i normally take my boat out of hargrove marina in bellmawr if that helps any. :)

thanks,
Gus

· Registered
24,062 Posts
GG, you're not going to get specific spots on here...Don't worry, this site will light up within a month..Your head will explode with info...

Welcome!!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,540 Posts
hi guys i normally fish in the deleware river and was just wondering where i mite find some "nice size" stripers? last season i went up to the comm. barry bridge and caught a few. havent really had any other luck besides baby stripers. i was using blood worms and small eels. any ideas on bait? real or fake? i normally take my boat out of hargrove marina in bellmawr if that helps any. :)

thanks,
Gus
Careful that is a VERY sensitive subject to ALOT of guy's. Like said before watch the posts and read between the line. Guy's will give up a lot of info with out saying much. Live herring and cut herring are good baits for stripers in the river. It's early yet give it a month.

Don C

· Registered
2,881 Posts
There is a launch on Racoon Creek. Fish south. Get a chart and look for flats on Jersey side. Bloodworms, outgoing tide, at night. Assuming you are fishing from a boat. My biggest is 52lb @ 3am. All I have ever caught on eels is catfish. Big bait, big fish.

· Registered
14,022 Posts

thanks,
Gus
spots?

sure, right here... let the spot burning begin :razz: :wave:

· Registered
12,974 Posts
Careful that is a VERY sensitive subject to ALOT of guy's. Like said before watch the posts and read between the line. Guy's will give up a lot of info with out saying much. Live herring and cut herring are good baits for stripers in the river. It's early yet give it a month.

Don C
Don C, you came out of your cave, we must be getting close to striper season!:D

· Registered
409 Posts
The ramp next to bridgeport marina is closed. It was taken over by the company next to them, Aqua something I think. There is another ramp down past pennsville, its 20-25 mins past the brideprort marina, if you want to go down that far. It's also free, and good for small boats, very shallow until you get out a ways.

X marks the spot.

· Registered
1,984 Posts
like 2 dogs said, get a chart, find flats(skinny water heats up quicker), fish the outgoing tide(again warmer water), I prefer to set up on a drop off of a flat and big baits big fish

There is no magic spot, just gotta combine the right ingredients

· Registered
9,923 Posts
thanks guys. we will see what happens. i plan on going out on sat. or sunday

Be carefull running out of the Big Timber Creek right now! The CG has not marked the channel yet so if you do not know your way I would not go just yet. Every year somone tears a hole in a boat or runs aground going out before it is marked. I use the Oldmans in Westville not Hargrove...its cheaper.

Good luck and I will be out next weekend.

· Registered
21,659 Posts

thanks,
Gus
Gus, get that boat on the water, head south on the river, look for a nice shallow flat, not too shallow, anchor, toss out some herring or bloods and have fun. Your in the area of some good spots!

:)

· Registered
9,252 Posts
like 2 dogs said, get a chart, find flats(skinny water heats up quicker), fish the outgoing tide(again warmer water), I prefer to set up on a drop off of a flat and big baits big fish

There is no magic spot, just gotta combine the right ingredients
gotta disagree, blood worms will take even the biggest del bay spawners

email missingtwo, he knows all the best spots :D:D:D

· Registered
9,923 Posts
yeah im not goin out on my boat this weekend. but i am deff. lookin into a cheaper place to keep my boat i was thinkin about the place your at or even a couple others i seen on the river.

I trailer over to his ramp it is about a mile from my house. My boat heads down the shore right after the run for the summer.

· Registered
9,923 Posts

Easy there Josh my email will be full now. I have no idea where or how to catch a striper.:D

I had my Yam running on the hose this afternoon in the driveway.:thumbsup:

· Registered
6,469 Posts

I would have to imagine the big girls would prefer a chunk ONCE the herring show up.

RyanF

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.