BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the lures I conjured up over the past two years... Let me know if this is a good start or if I need to add any. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
You look like you have a good assortment there, but remember this, fishing lures are designed to catch fisherman, long before they catch fish. I used to carry a ton of lures around, and when everything is said and done, there are only three that you use. I do not know your rod size, and weight limit, but, about all I carry now is a red/white creek chob, a couple smack its, and a couple polaris style poppers. And then of course some metal, crippled herring, kast master, hopkins shorty, etc, in about the 1oz. size. o watch the old timers on the beach....they have about 3 lures with them.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Lure selection is dependent on the time of year and water conditions , actively feeding fish who are chasing bunker on the beach, may not take a smaller sized lure if the " profile " is adult bunker , and again if they are feeding on smaller rainbait, cinder worms they may nit take the larger rubber paddle tail. Best way to learn what to use is to fish regularly. And keep logs of your successful outings. There really are a lot of factors involved in lure selection. The areas you fish and when you fish them , the forage available all play a factor.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Here is another good point, I never invest in lures that I haven't caught fish with. I only buy one , then check it out while fishing it on days when I know fish are around using similar profiles to catch them. Color is not as important as action and depth. Most of my lures are black, white, yellow, chartuese, and green or a combo of these colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts