BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished aboard Captain Lou Grazioso's Striper Mania.We tried the bunker thing down the beach but it was all smaller bluefish.We heard of bass feeding under the bunker down towards Ocean County but decided against the long ride.We opted for Clamming.Started @ Breezy Point to a host of dogfish.Did a short stint @ Romer's without positive results.Wound up finding some good readings southwest of Romer's.Set up a good slick and had a slow pick.Lots of readings but a soft bite.The bite started to pick up nicely when a Charter boat pulls up 50' next to us, :mad: tosses his anchor and settles back on the hook right in our slick.We got mugged !! Needless to say HE started catching immediately.We couldn't even make full casts or we would have hit him.This Charter Boat was right up our a$$.We still managed another handful of keepers but decided to call it a day after over 8 hours on the water.Good job by Captain Lou and Mate Matt to get us on fish .

[ 06-26-2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the captain would have called us on the radio instead of mugging us.Maybe we would have let him anchor near us.But to drop anchor right in our slick is A desperate act by a Charter boat captain.I thought this guy was a Stand up guy but not in my book !

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now -- back to that 'OTHER' Capt. What a total disgrace. This Charter guy did one of the most ridiculous moves I've ever seen. If I was on my own boat -- sinkers would have been flying. I give 2 thumbs down to a captain who not couldn't find his fish, but jumped into another capt's slick just so he can put his charter of fish. Disgrace. I'll never step 1 foot on any boat that capt charters.

[ 07-01-2004, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.