BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I chartered Capt Lou Grazioso's Striper Mania.I was joined by Capt Skip from Stalker Charters,and my good friend's Bob & Tony on a perfect weather day for fishing.

Ran across the bay for some bait.Mate Matt Took 2 throws and we were full with bunker(even enough to help out 2 other boats).Matt is incredible with the net.

Got our bait and headed to our spot. Live lining with no wind, no drift. Tough conditions, but Bob didn't care. 2 stripers for him. Made a move to try and find some moving water. Turned out to be a good move, for Bob(getting a sense on Bob day?).We got 1 to 2 fish on every drift. No slaughter, just steady.

Now the water was moving nice, so we moved back to our first spot and anchored up. Turned out to be a good move for Bob again ... this was pretty much a slaughter though. All of us got into the action.

I honestly, don't know the counts or weights. Pure guess ... We had about 40 stripers ranging from about 17lbs to about 33/34 #'s. (Bob fish was over 40 inches, we didn't weigh it).This isn't counting the blue fish ...

Fish below 33 inches was not an option. Bob was high hook and heaviest fish(his estimate, his biggest striper ever).

Great fishing with Capt.Skip,Bob and Tony.Thanks Capt Lou & Mate Matt.

Art

[ 06-07-2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Thanks for the great trip Art! Can't wait till next time! Anybody looking to do some striper fishing right now! Go north and fish with Capt. Lou! Top notch fishing operation!!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to thank me man !

Hey Skip did you sleep like a baby last night ? I sure did. Once AGAIN I had a blast.Drop me a pm and I will give you Lou's #.

Art

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by dusky:
They catch Stripers on Stripermania ?

Glad you guys had a good trip.

Lou, the net, the net my man !!
Never !

Now if your saying do they catch Stripers in Capt Lou's gym I will agree with you ;)

Art

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Sounds like a great trip.....how far north??? I assume raritan??? Just wonderin.....

Thanks for the post Art and capt skippy!!!

SJB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.