BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thanks to Mike at Coastal Fish Mounts for a fantastic job he did for me on this replica mount was of a 46"er I caught out of Cape May in the fall. ;)

The craftsmanship, colors, and attention to detail are outstanding! I couldn't be happier with the way it came out. Mike was a really nice guy and very professional. The mount was also delivered right on time as promised.

Funny story on a side note. Years ago I had a "replica" mount done of a 7 lb.largemouth done by a local taxidermist. I never liked it from the day I got it home and swore I'd never get another. :mad: The next mount would definitely have to be a "skin mount".

That was until I was at the Ft. Washington Outdoor Show in January of 2005 watching a striper seminar at the NJ Angler Booth being presented by Bill Donovan, which by the way was very interesting and informative. But the big thing I got from there was right next to Bill's booth....

Coastal Fish Mounts had a booth with a beautiful display of mounts they had done. I was so impressed with them that I decided if I was lucky enough to catch a mounter(45"+ for me), that I would go against my "skin mount only" rule and have them do a replica mount for me. Boy am I glad I did!

I can't say enugh good things about Coastal Fish Mounts. I highly reccomend them. ;)

[ 03-01-2006, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I made the decorative pilings out of some old fence posts and rope. Once again thanks to Mike at Coastal. I got a lot of nice comments from all who have seen the mount. ;)

[ 03-01-2006, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hey Bry I like it!!! In Fact the whole wall looks great!!If you get a chance send me an email how much it ran you for the mount.THANKS!Rick

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Looks awesome and I'm glad you posted, as Mike from Coastal is doing a 47" for me as we speak.

Little Ricky, my mount is going to run about 600.00. striper13

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
did you have to take the fish or was that done from a pic... would like to get one done but if i kill a fish i would rather eat it then put it in the freezer and have it looked at to get mounted

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Originally posted by striper2278:
When I get my 50lber this year..I will use Mike! ;)
Yeah but 25lbs of it will be hers soon right

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick it cost me almost $650. It was worth every penny as far as I'm concerned! Check out Mike's website "Coastal Fiberglass Fish Mounts". They are a Bassbarn sponsor. They need to update their prices on their site though because it says $12 per inch and they are now $14 per inch. Inflation & fuel surcharges I guess. :D that's what I always tell my customers. :D ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments gang. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.