BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great striper net on my boat.
I need to buy one for a friend and can not find another bigenough. We almost couldn't land a 44 incher this Tuesday. His net wasn't big enough.
Does anyone know where I can get a big net?

[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Capt Buck. I'll check there.

I would never gaff a striper. I wouldn't have kept this one except that I knew it wasn't carrying roe and it's my personal biggest.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Keep your lines wet.

Yknot2:D

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Brian E. Mullaney said:
Thats what Im talking about - get the striper thumb :D
or the striper fist, in that case :) :D

If you really want to take care of the fish, get a boga, or other mechanical lip gripper. The net actually strips some of the protective slime off the fish.

When you asked about a net I assumed you were looking to keep em, in which case a 3" hook to the back of the head is the ticket ;)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
my philosophy differs from that of the NJ Angler MAg boys in that I want to get the fish in the boat fast, especially when hooked up with multiple fish. when i have used my boga at boatside, I am forced to grab the line. line cuts etc... kill me over a season. Frabill make nets of all sizes with some super large for muskies.
just my 2 cents

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Get the wide mouth Rapala grip, had the small one and it was tough with the larger fish lips. Put a float on it as well cause my first one is in the LE somewhere. Cold hands.:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts