BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very confused about where the stripers go at different times of the year-
Where do they go in the spring, summer, and fall. ive heard rivers in spring and then the inlet and basically everywhere else, but where are they really at different times of the year based on their migrateing routes?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
There are 'resident' stripers here all year round; however, the migratory body of fish travel South to North in the spring and North to South in the Fall. Around February/March, the migratory body of fish begin traveling Northward and enter the bays (D-bay and Chesapeake) to spawn up the rivers. After their spawning is complete the large spawners travel out of the river and into the bay back toward the ocean to continue Northward. In the fall they begin their treck southward heading back toward the carolinas.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I second that question!

I would like to hear some thoughts on the same question. I am no expert but it is my understanding that there are local fish and migratory fish, the local fish are around all year and those populations winter up in the rivers around monmouth beach, I think a different population winters up the hudson and then the migratory fish cruise the coast....I am sure the same could be said for other areas. I am not sure how accurate this is but would like to hear other thoughts.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Joe D. said:
There are 'resident' stripers here all year round; however, the migratory body of fish travel South to North in the spring and North to South in the Fall. Around February/March, the migratory body of fish begin traveling Northward and enter the bays (D-bay and Chesapeake) to spawn up the rivers. After their spawning is complete the large spawners travel out of the river and into the bay back toward the ocean to continue Northward. In the fall they begin their treck southward heading back toward the carolinas.
Joe - just shot you an e-mail;) . I sent it to your comcast account, can't find your work e-mail...

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts