BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually cook my striper with oil and salt/peper and butter.

I cant find any recipe on here, but Im sure Ive seen them. If anyone knows a good SIMPLE way to cook striper fillets I would appreciate the info!

Thank you.

Paul

·
Registered
164 Posts
my personal fav is cutting the striper into small pieces, wrap it in bacon and put it in the oven. season to taste, old bay, butter, whatever you like. goes good with a homemade mac n cheese.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Made this Friday and it was delicious.

Striped Bass Poached in Spicy Soy Sauce

Ingredients:
1/3 to 1/2 cup good soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 dried or fresh chili, optional
About 15 scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths, or 2 or 3 spring onions or 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
About 1 1/2 pounds striped bass fillet, about 1 inch thick

Directions:
Combine the soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, sugar and chili in a skillet just large enough to hold the fish. Turn the heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.

Add the fish, flesh side down. If necessary, add more water, so that the liquid comes almost all the way up the sides of the fish. Add the scallions and adjust the heat so the mixture bubbles but not furiously. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning as the liquid thickens, to coat the fish with a brown glaze. Serve with white rice, spooning the sauce over all and garnishing with the scallions.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I really like cajun blackened striper. But you must care for it fresh or it is only ok. I get about 3 lbs cut it up into 4X2 strips about 4 inches long and pat it very dry. Melt some butter to dip it into, then season to taste with blacking. Put in a HOT pan and blacken. Doesn't get much better then that.

Don C

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Try these,
Two bass fillets sliced thin and cut into 1/2 inch pieces(off a 15 to 20lb bass)
Two eggs
Two heaping tbs mayo
One heaping tbs mustard*
Two tbs capers
Two tbs blackened redfish magic chef Paul Prudhomms
One tbs old bay seasoning
Five heaping tbs Parmesan cheese
One onion chopped
Two sleeves of Keebler club original crackers crushed into bread crumbs

Mix all ingredients in large bowl save the breadcrumbs
Mix one cup of bread crumbs in and put the rest on a plate
Shape patties and bread the patties with the saved bread crumbs
Fry in olive oil over medium heat till golden brown on each side
Serve and enjoy.....

1 c. French dressing
1 c. Creole mustard
2 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. horseradish
1 tbsp. grated or minced onion
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. celery salt
Juice of one lemon
Combine ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Chill until ready to serve.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Andy's fishbatter you can get it at any giant store orignal or cajun cut striper into nuggets and deep fry good -hit:thumbsup:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Striper cakes

I usually cook my striper with oil and salt/peper and butter.

I cant find any recipe on here, but Im sure Ive seen them. If anyone knows a good SIMPLE way to cook striper fillets I would appreciate the info!

Thank you.

Paul
Do a search for striper cakes by TMAN they are awsome big big hit in my family

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I like to scale them and filet. I use a blackening spice, coat both sides. Then using a iron skillet with butter and olive oil, I get it good and hot then fry skin side first. Let cook 3/4s of the way through then flip and blacken the top side.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Simple! Striper & Pasta

Buddy told me this way, can't be easier... or better!!

Season fillets with salt & pepper
Flash-fry /sear fillets in pan with oil & a little butter just so outsides are white
Then place fillets in pot or sauce pan of red sauce/marinara/gravy or whatever you call it
Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until fillets begin to flake
Serve over angel hair or your favorite pasta

My wife was very doubtful as I was making this, but after we started eating i asked her what she thought. All she said was 'unbelievable'. If you like crab & pasta dishes, this will blow it away!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Buddy told me this way, can't be easier... or better!!

Season fillets with salt & pepper
Flash-fry /sear fillets in pan with oil & a little butter just so outsides are white
Then place fillets in pot or sauce pan of red sauce/marinara/gravy or whatever you call it
Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until fillets begin to flake
Serve over angel hair or your favorite pasta

My wife was very doubtful as I was making this, but after we started eating i asked her what she thought. All she said was 'unbelievable'. If you like crab & pasta dishes, this will blow it away!!
Now that also sound good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts