BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Hang in there. Watch that water temp. When its 80 degrees like it was yesterday ,save your gas.
When it gets below 70 it should start to turn on. Mid to upper 50's is prime.
You'll still get 'em now but mostly at night in the back.
If it makes you feel any better, we're all doing the same thing.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
You can get stripers all year long. There are plenty of resident fish around. Mostly schoolies but there are still a good number of keeper fish around. Got to fish early mornings, evenings and night and you will find fish to about 40 inches. Everyone likes spring and fall, when it is a no brainer and the fish are everywhere with the big breeders and they are easier to catch.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
striper's in the summer????no way ;) shu!!!!!!! :D i thought i was the only one that knew that :( oh well guess i have to share :D

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
What CapeMayRay said. Don't let all the amatuers fool you into thinking there are no bass around. Just because all they know how to do is bounce sinkers.... ;) Heck, I've got 7 slot fish in the past two weeks. :D

Late at night, outgoing tide. Sling eels, not drift 'em. Dark plugs, fat plastics, pinkies.

You can catch them during the day too, find a spot with NO boat traffic. Light colored shallow swimmers or bright plastics. Use poppers at sundown/sunset around sodbanks.

The mullet run will start soon. I'm predicting that the Sept. full moon is going to be hot. (It better be, Sept 17-24 is my 3rd annual trip to Cuttyhunk. And I had to do a lot of convincing to get 11 other people to agree that it will be as good or better than the Oct. new moon. If you don't see me post after Sept. 24th, it is probably cuz I was drowned in the Cuttyhunk Pond due to a bad trip.)

Start drifting eels in inlets Mid-September.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was out on the wall at Indian River last Wednesday nite catching stripers & racer blues. Earliest catch I've every had the opprtunity to enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.