BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be docked in Money Island this year. I have always fished the lower bay areas for the spring run. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck around the elbow etc for the early stripers?I'm looking forward to meeting some barners in that area.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hey Schwepp! Remember your post, when you were looking for a spot. I have my boat there also. Talked to Gail today. I start in March usually, depending on weather. Usually at the Fort on the beach. They seem to catch them 1st. Don't wanna waste my time on the water. We even take a small boat ouy there 1st. Did real good there last year, with a lot of shorts, and a few keepers mixed in. There will be posts as the h2o warms up. Thanks Val

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I'm in $sland. can't wait to go get em. look for 43+water temps. The fall stripers were great up here..and I'm sure the spring will be too. elbow, fort 2nd drop, wr bouy, 6 buoy are good first spots within easy reach. Although 6+wr were removed so you need gps or look for the little fleets. Hopefully I'll be slipping her in late march. See ya there :D I'm slipped down past the liitle bridge. Up the creek a little but I like it back there.

Max (WETDREAM) 23' wellcraft W/A
with hardtop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts