BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a chance to fish with a few friends near Perrault Falls, Ontario for a week each summer. The fishing is great and we mostly target walleye. When we catch our limit (2 each) for dinner, then we target northerns and smallies. There are big muskies in the waters we fish but we haven't really targeted them. On several occasions huge muskies have shown themselves by the boat following lures, caught fish or just out of curiosity (we think).

I am thinking of trying for muskies using some of my striper tackle. Has anyone done that? Any suggestions for lures, plugs, jigs etc.? There is very little fishing pressure in the waters where we fish, so I am thinking that this approach might be interesting. What do Barners think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When muskies follow the best thing to do is figure eight or some other method of lure continueation at the end of your cast to try and trigger them....does it always work....no, but sometimes it does and will up your catch #'s....use a leader when fishing for them....wire or 80lb fluro....have the proper tools on hand to handle them....plenty of good articles on line....just google them....good fishing to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts