BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I havent had one yet but only started using gulp last summer and only use it to fish for fluke. Previous to last summer I had nothing but short flounder on gulp. The gulp bloods didn't produce any bass for me, but most times the real ones don't either:). Hopefully someone more experienced with using gulp will help you out.

Question for gulp users... Has anyone ever tried it on the Manns alabama rig? It would be expensive but could prove deadly on fluke

·
Registered
743 Posts
Although not my go to lure for bass, I have caught many bass on Gulp in the Manasquan River. Chartreuse mullet and I also watched a boat last August mug them on the gulp sand eels in the river along side me. I either fish them on a plain lead head or on a white bucktail.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes. Swimming Mullet. Cast and catch.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. :)

Frank

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes they will go after gulp. Caught plenty of stripers on gulp mullet on a jig or tipped on a bucktail. I have seen them hit the gulp sinking minnow and the gulp jerkshad as well.

I start using gulp swimming mullet for stripers in mid may. I know when I put gulp on I am not just targeting stripers but everything else will hit the gulp too. I use pink, white and chartreuse but I favor pink most of the time.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Go with GULP. I prefer the bigger 7" Jerk shads or the 6" Curl Tailed Grub. Any Color is good as long as it's chartreuse.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm sure you will catch them on regular rubber also. I don't notice a difference between a gulp with a curly tail vs a regular curly tail rubber when I fluke fish. Catch plenty of striper on a feather teaser with no scent also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts