BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whatever rottncapt just reporting what i saw, i didnt say it was the fall run but either way people including myself where catching nice bass. caught on both bait and lures from beach.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
yes they are here - they where here - these are resident fish that have become active with the full moon passing & the mullet run in full swing.

Fri night - Csstriper

[ 09-25-2005, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Bass ackwards,

Thanks for reporting and giving up some more details.

I did not realize the negative slant on my post until I re-read it today. I justed called myself an A-hole :D

I am planning a trip up near Montauk in a couple weeks because I can't wait for the fall run and would be kicking myself if I drove 3.5 hours to catch big stripers when they are in our backyards.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
bass ackwards, Thanks for the report. There are always some fish around but like others have said they're becomming more active now. Not too hot... not too cold... ahhhh, this feels just right. Only this ain't no fairy tale! ;) :D

RottnCaptn, It's all good bud.
I don't think anyone here hasn't gone back at one time or another and said,"wow did I really type that?". I know I have.

There are a few small fish in the surf in CMC. Nothing of any size for me (yet). I do know of one large caught by a young girl in the lower CMC backwater recently. Way to go Jessie !! :eek:

Good Luck to all! Let's fish! :D

[ 09-25-2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Registered
847 Posts
we are draggin' the boat up to mecca in two weeks, CAN'T WAIT!!! fished the suds this morning and had ALOT of large bass chasing bait around me.Tried everything in my bag of tricks,nothing worked.Heading down mid week to try it again.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I know what yer saying bass ackwards!! Two weeks the game is on.I got two nice looking bass this morning and it has me blood pumping it's going to be a good fall season :cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah water temperature really doesnt affect those resident Bass,Moon Phase and Bait are the Key.Along with a good NE blow,Good Luck,HRL

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Maybe I should catch a few of those large herring floating around the inlet and toss them into the white water???Guess I'll have to wait a couple more days till this blow is over,but worth a try.Tied up some chunkin hooks today so I wouldn't lose the rest of my mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.