BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about taking the ?Dan?Forth out on March 20th or 21st for the first fishing excursion of the season. I was thinking that there are two possibilities ? stripers or winter flounder. Does anyone know a decent place to try for winter flounder where we could also try for a striper or two? We usually launch from BreeZeeLee but could trailer the ?Dan?Forth anywhere. Not looking for numbers, just a general area. Of course, the water temp and the fishing reports over the next couple of weeks will narrow things down but I was just trying to get a plan in my head (something to dream about :D ). Thanks.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Head North towards Shawcrest Marina. Straight across from the marina is a real good early season spot.

Directly across from the slips on the intercoastal. It's actually deeper there than the channel. About thirty feet off the sod bank. Caught a lot of stripers and a few winter flounder there the past few years. Just check the tide and direction of the wind. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.