BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellez,
Much thaks on the previous question. I had a few other questions while we are here. I am going out in two weeks to try for stripers for the first time from our boat. I have been told to try anchoring and also trying drifting. What is the most effective method for me to try? I have read up no the basics of how to clam chunk, but I am still curious of this is totally necessary for me to catch some bass. Please advise.
PS I am really onlt intersted in catching bass so i didnt know if drifting was still effective for catching them.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I'd anchor and chunk bunker. ledges or lighthouses. Still a little early. water temp are still too high but there are resident bass around taht may take the bait. Good luck and don't forget to post a report

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Originally posted by RickDAStriper:
Dugan,
Do you mean the "Patrick Dugan"
I didn't know you 82nd Airborne guys had your tenticles this far reached.
Right Pat Dugan, wrong Muldoon. This is Jr. My old man is the 82nd guy, who do you think talked him into jumping out of a perfectly flying airplane. ;) ;)

Welcome to the Barn.

[ 09-28-2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: mako6950 ]

·
Registered
817 Posts
RickD, anchor on some structure and bunker chunk it...also agree the temps a little too high yet but soon....very soon....
JB

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rick, I've always had luck drifting eels. It's up to you, try a few different things and see what you like. And to be the third person on here to say it, the water is still pretty warm, but there are some around. Good luck

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
With the water temps still up, it is still plugging season as far as i am concerned... work the edges of the sodbanks and creek mouths with topwater swimmers or poppers at first light and dusk.. save getting stinky from bunker, clams and slimesticks until you have to...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.