BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any signs of bait outside of the rivers?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
mostly pa and jersey boys here rockcollector.
when do you guys start getting herring in the rivers up there though? Was visiting my bro at college a couple years back and people were fishing them under bobbers around the bridges

RyanF

·
Banned
112 Posts
The days of herring fishing are over. Most states in New England have banned the possession of river herring. Herring show in the rivers in early April. But the big fish are under the Macs a little offshore from about May 15 to June 15. Then the whole show just goes to the dogs...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by pseeker:
The days of herring fishing are over. Most states in New England have banned the possession of river herring. Herring show in the rivers in early April. But the big fish are under the Macs a little offshore from about May 15 to June 15. Then the whole show just goes to the dogs...
You mean the endangered spiny dogfish? Don't you hurt them now.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
RIVER HERRING IS DONE IN NE AS PSEEKER STATES - ADD EELS TO THE LIST TOO.

NJ IS ONE OF THE LAST PLACES YOU CAN LEGALLY GET THEM - AN FROM TALKING TO GUYS MOST FEEL THAT WE WONT BE ABLE TO FISH FOR HERRING IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

rock collector Ill be fishing da harbor Wed night.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
if you want macks head to 100 ft of water and jig

I did this a few years back and had one livelined - had the biggest bass I have ever seen take a swipe but she didnt come back :(

my bros friend Nathan does well with big needlefish - 10-12"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts