BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another forum of a guy catching stripers off the docks on tuna skins. Can anyone tell me if this is wide spread. 2 years ago we caught alot of them off the docks in Cape May on clams in June, but by this time of year it was done. I'll be down for the week of 7/17 to 7/25 and would love to get my 11 year old on some fish in an "easy" spot.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks eelball. Can they be chucked in the daylight hours this time of year?

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
no. The lights attract LOADS of bait. Usually takes a solid hour or 2 of dark for the lights to start attracting stuff. Best bet is get up a couple hours before sun up. Plastics, like fin-s, zooms, fished slowly through the light and under the bait, will get strikes. Don't overlook shadow lines from bridge lights. They also attract bait.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
CaptMike,

You can pick a few during daylight hours from the Avalon Pier using clam. You need to try a weekday due to boat traffic or a lack thereof.

Sorry guys, I gave out a specific "spot" but it was for the sake of his kid. Good luck and catch'em up.

[ 07-13-2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: snichols ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.