BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will run a trip targeting the big stripers on Thursday 5-11 if the report we got this morning turns out to be valid. Many fish over 25 lbs yesterday and this is about right with the on the big post spawn fish and full moon hard running tides. Call boat cell today at (609) 425-1970 or home this afternoon at (609)861-1697 or [email protected]. After Thursday we are booked until early next week and the best day now would be early next week but the tides still run hard Monday and Tuesday. 5-15,16. Now is the time it looks like to get those big females and we do promote catch and release on the bigger stripers. Call us for details

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you do not know us form the past give us a try on these big stripers. We know the where the bite is and what bait they are biting on right now. We do not run very many small open boat or make-up trips and perfer regular charters but as of this morning it looks like a pretty it is worth going Thursday morning with on some stripers over 30 lbs. If we find the reports to be less than what we heard today we simply will not go and not take you for a boat ride. We want you to catch some big stripers on one of the finest charter boats you will ever fish on out of Cape May.
Capt John and Admiral Diana

·
Registered
203 Posts
will be interested if you are doing any open boat trips for night stripers at the rips....even if another person is needed for a charter...heard nothing but good about your team! thanks jim

·
Registered
217 Posts
Spoke to Capt John Today. I am trying to put something together for this SAT MAY 20, Stripers and Drum and may need a couple extra people to make it worth his time and investment. I have been out with Capt John before and he is excellent! Most of the Captains down that way are really good. But, John is solid. John, was not sure of the weather or the bite (though it has been red hot) So this is a tentive plan. I hope he doesn't mind the post.......John?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We will go almost certainly this weekend and right now it will be for stripers and drum if the bite stays good but we will see. From what I picked up latey most of the hot bites on the rips have been live herring or spot now and all we have are good old fashined eels and that is what we caught a bunch over 40 bls on the rips in the past years at night only but later in early June. It looks like Memorial weekend should be red hot with the new moon for stripers at night. We can try bunker heads and clams and some 40 lb fish have been caught on these baits along with some awesome drum fishing as most of you know by know. Was out of town the last few days and will get the boat ready to fish this weekend. My mates want to fish and catch a 50 lb striper but I told them it going back after pictures. Capt John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts