BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
go fishing. :D depends on time of year and what kind of fishing you prefer. plugging? dead sticking?

·
Registered
791 Posts
were to go is up to you. it really doesn't matter. i would try some small pieces of clam on small hooks. and also try throwing a small boones or stetzko needle with a teaser. could also try some thin metal with a teaser. just work it real slow. have fun! wish i could be out trying.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
wait till around mid Apr the water has to warm up to the high 40's if this spring is anything like the last couple of years you should do well, the water is just too cold now, unless you want to go South to southern Virginia or NC, but now the water is just too cold to fish with any expectations of catching your odds are not too good till the water warms up:wave:

·
Registered
791 Posts
you could wait and go in the spring when your chances are better, but if you really want to go out tomorrow then by all means go! i wouldn't have high expectations but there is a chance and there is always a chance you might catch something (even if it is a cold):)

if you have the day off and you want to go to the beach, have fun. try some of the things i have mentioned. they are not a guarntee but there is a chance.

i have fished in the winter over the last 10 yrs or more and have caught fish! this is not a guarntee but your sure in heck ain't gonna catch if you don't go. so if you set on going, go! and have fun...

·
Registered
55 Posts
You will need.

1. Coffee
2. Explanations to love ones as to why you are out all night------ every night.
3.money-- this game aint cheap--
4. Sick days
5 vacation days
6. Personal days
7 bereavement days
8. Need to learn how not to burn-- your bites
9. Balls- got have em if not for real in spirit-- climbing on rocks, getting attacked by bats, smacked around by waves in the middle of the night makes balls a requirement
10. When you get that straightened out you need equipment, then more excuses because the old ones will get old, and no one will believe you anymore.
ENJOY!:wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.