BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard that some stripers have been caught behind fed/ex phila air port any one see or heard of any thing up the river yet .Hope to go on opening day thursday, anybody else :confused:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I heard smaller sized bass up in the trenton area....:D

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Looking at some great water temperatures...

and if you are out Thursday and hook up with a keeper be sure to weigh in your fish at Absecon Bay Sportsman Center. Rewards are in place and it could win you a $200 Gift Certificate. Go to the web site or Facebook for details.

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
I'm thinking of going behind the airport to check things out in the next couple days.:thumbsup:

Gonna take a look around.:)

I haven't been back there since I was a kid. We used to go swimming in the river back in the 70's back there.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I'm thinking of going behind the airport to check things out in the next couple days.:thumbsup:

I haven't been back there since I was a kid. We used to go swimming in the river back in the 70's back there.

Tom if your going to hit the river this spring from the bank and want some company.....Ill bring the beer and a bucket full of big chubs:D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Like he said ^.. resident fish are there, but the fun will begin soon enough around the Philly section of the river. Every year for the past five or so, I've had fish greater than 30 inches during the month of march (not too far south of the city), and id assume this year will be no different, especially considering winter never showed up.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Like he said ^.. resident fish are there, but the fun will begin soon enough around the Philly section of the river. Every year for the past five or so, I've had fish greater than 30 inches during the month of march (not too far south of the city), and id assume this year will be no different, especially considering winter never showed up.

You would be right on there I usually get a few really nice fish early then dinks then a few more waves of nice to REALLY nice fish...in my home waters.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Heard that some stripers have been caught behind fed/ex phila air port any one see or heard of any thing up the river yet .Hope to go on opening day thursday, anybody else :confused:
Yes there have been some caught They are all resident fish there has been nothing Huge caught. Largest I have seen is about 20 inches and I have been fishing it in and around that area for the last 3 weeks.

Are the big girls here yet? I am sure some have made thier way up the river but not like it is hot and heavy. I have logged over 70 hrs in the past couple weeks and have only had 3 so far. Nothing larger then 19.5

Bait was bloods on one rod and clams on the other and the bloods have out produces 2 to 1 for the total of 3 that I have caught so far

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Hey Hooker. When are you putting your boat in the water? If I remember, you were hooking up last year pretty early. Any advice?
Boats done and ready to go..be fishing as soon as the weather lets me...

·
Registered
9,922 Posts

Tom

If I were you I wuld wear your old off duty weapon back there. It gets plenty of drunken mexicans and some other demographics back there now.

That or come to my side of the river and fish near where you used to work.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I grew up in West Deptford right by the river. Every year for the last 15 years my first would come in very early March. Reason is because this was the first time I could get bloods and stand to stay out there long enough to get one. Resident or not....I can't tell the difference and the fish never disclosed that info to me. But you can find your first one very early. But no doubt it is slow until late march. We always talk about the water temps and Im sure that's right but 30 years has told me it's about the same darn time.

BTW - growing up we would always catch them on the jersey side from paulsboro to westville. There are only a couple of deep spots between there we could get to from land so we mostly fished the shallow muddy areas. We caught a lot of fish but always envied the boats fishing the drop-offs and other areas. Now that I'm older and have a boat....guess what....I'm fishing the spots I did when I was a kid with the boat. Flat muddy areas and small drop offs.

-Matt

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Tom

If I were you I wuld wear your old off duty weapon back there. It gets plenty of drunken mexicans and some other demographics back there now.

That's where the Jersey Devil Over winters!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I grew up in West Deptford right by the river. Every year for the last 15 years my first would come in very early March. Reason is because this was the first time I could get bloods and stand to stay out there long enough to get one. Resident or not....I can't tell the difference and the fish never disclosed that info to me. But you can find your first one very early. But no doubt it is slow until late march. We always talk about the water temps and Im sure that's right but 30 years has told me it's about the same darn time.

BTW - growing up we would always catch them on the jersey side from paulsboro to westville. There are only a couple of deep spots between there we could get to from land so we mostly fished the shallow muddy areas. We caught a lot of fish but always envied the boats fishing the drop-offs and other areas. Now that I'm older and have a boat....guess what....I'm fishing the spots I did when I was a kid with the boat. Flat muddy areas and small drop offs.

-Matt
:D:D:D aint that the truth:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
Tom if your going to hit the river this spring from the bank and want some company.....Ill bring the beer and a bucket full of big chubs:D
Sounds good!!! :thumbsup:

I might not be ready on the first, I had a season ending ankle injury I'm not ready to get back in the game.

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
Tom

Oh of course!!!!:thumbsup::D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts