BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in AC next week, Monday-Wednesday for our yearly customer conference. Turns out one of the attendees is a fly fisher. This came about on another board. He doesn't have the boots to go jetty hopping, so I'm thinking Corson's Inlet, late Tuesday afternoon/evening, if I survive my meeting with some unhappy Marines.
From what I can make of the tide tables. High tide will be between 3-3:30 p.m. So we're going to be about 2 hours into the outgoing tide by the time we get there. Any suggestions as to where to fish. I'm thinking either the point where the inlet hangs a left to the ocean, or the sod banks up to the creek that can be crossed at low tides, or the shell beds on the way to the point. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Best to hit the sod banks or the point at high tide. The shell beds are better left for low outgoing tide, where you can reach the deeper channel with the fly. Although, to really fish the shells during the daylight, you'll want waders.

Or, you can fish the good old super secret Longport jetty very easily without boots. That's a lot closer to AC, and probably much less crowded with jet skis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Philly why r u going to have unhappy marines? And i would try down by the bridge at CI by the radio tower. Have had pretty good luck there the past two weekends. try right by the mouth of the little river.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kevin:
Billing issues with the food we sell them. The buggers count every penny. Most of it is really out of my control, but I'm the account manager for the contract they buy off of and I hope to direct their attention to our financial folks. That's the second bridge you're talking about, right.
Fly Ty R
He is bringing boots and waders, just don't think he has the studs or cleats on them. How do you get to the Longport jetty? I'll keep that in the back of my head. I'm more familiar with Corson's.
Do you think the jet ski's will be that bad this early in the year during the week?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Josh,
I know. It's a super top secret spot that no one knows about...

Jerry,
Check your email.

[ 06-08-2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts