·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ristori: Council leaves fluke rules alone
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
BY AL RISTORI
Star-Ledger Staff

The New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council pretty much left last year's fluke regulations in place, as expected, when they met last week in Galloway Township.

Subject to final approval by the state Department of Environmental Protection and the notification process, all of which should occur within a month, anglers will have the same 16 1/2-inch minimum length and eight-fluke bag limit. The season was adjusted to begin on May 7 and finish on Columbus Day, Oct. 10.

Tom McCloy of the Division of Fish and Wildlife said the Advisory Panel supported those regulations, as did the few anglers who attended the meeting. Since the state was only slightly over quota last year and there was an increase in allocation for 2005, some loosening of the regulations was possible, but a conservative approach was eventually taken.

[ 03-08-2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Fluke = Warmer weather !! Cant wait to get some of those ocean halibuts,maybe this is the year I get a doormat as my biggest is only 25 " !! Good luck to all the flatty fishermen out there in Barn land !! Gonna try and get some striped ones first !! :D

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Sounds good- I was afraid they were going to change the size limit to 16.6378543".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts