BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this Summer caught Bass from two weeks ago...

Anthony Alessi's caught this 48lb Striper on the Montauk Beach on Bunker....

Nice catch Anthony,,,,

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Hey nightstrikes, just out of curiosity, what is the biggest bass you have caught while fishing from your yak?.....Did it take you for a ride?

Mine was a 32"er, roughly 11-12 lb's, a few years ago when you could keep one that size without the tag. One of the OC bridges.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple falls ago myself and Bruce (BGSDAD)were
drifting eels in the ICW at night in his yak and during back to back trips I picked up two Bass that each measured about 37"'s and I would guess in the upper teens as far as pounds..
And yes it gave us a good pull and turned the yak. Just a couple months ago I foul hooked a big
Sandshark about a 4 footer and that thing gave me and my friend Ron in our kayak quite a ride..

There is nothing like it... This year we are going for that 20+lber in the Yak....

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Sounds cool nightstrikes, I'm usually tied to somethin while near the bridges, so have not gotten many rides in the bigger 100 plus pound Ambush.

But on my smaller yak at dusk in the ICW, yea, I've had slot fish tug me around! Darn right, nothin quite like it!

Liked your thread about fluke comin up top, that has happened to me at the same ICW/dusk spots I fish, throw a mag minnow or 4" bomber near the sod bank, whack, and to your suprise, it's a fluke that came up top!!!

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
nice fish...i would have released it

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I am headed there in October for 4 days. Can't wait. We fish both from a boat using Live Porgies and at the lighthouse on the beach using 1 1/2 oz bucktails w porkrinds. Awesome place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts