BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our first trip of the season on sunday, with haig, his son his girlfriend nancy and tom to round of the trip. Left the dock at 8 am to head out into the bay. I was heading out to the bug light area but rqan over a huge pod af bait so we stopped and gave it a shot there but no luck, so I made another move, got on the hook and got a few. made one more move and that was the last one for us. Had steady action for the very end of the outgoing and first three to four hours of the incoming. it died off around three hours before high tide.We were fishing in about 13 feet of water.The fish were being very selective with the bait, some would run some would just tap tap tap. you had to hold your rod if you wanted to get the tappers.
water temp was 50.5 in the mourn and 54.8 in the pm. Of course clams were the bait and I hope to see the bigger fish move in very soon. We now may welcome nancy into the striper sickness as that was here first striper she ever cought!! Oh!! almosat forgot, this is for the flounder buffs, cought 2 "keeper" fluke out there which were promptly released back into the deep, also one ran like a striper lol musta been hungry.
Had a great trip with great people.
:D :D

[ 04-18-2005, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Bluewater sportfishing ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
good job, cap. It was a fun day with a great crew. Dawg was the man even though he got pimp slapped by our last keeper :D lol. Don't worry,Vin, we'll have the last laugh when he's on my grill tonight! Can't wait for the tourny...

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Tom.LOL and i didnt even hit um back,Take it to um to night,I had a blast with the Crew,everyone did a great job,and well i wasnt counting but,I think Nancy may have been high hook,Great job to everyone,always a pleasure with Haig aboard and his Boy John is ok in my book as well,he really tuned in when they were just tap tap tapin ....Thanks,Vinny

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Kobey Vinny, As expected a "GREAT TIME FISHING". Nancy say,s "Thanks for POPPING my striper cherry" :D :D :D , and the string continues. All of us had a great time. Tom, nice fishing with you. Have a successfull time at the tourny. K&V, didn't know that flounders like clam :confused: :confused: . Got to try them out in season ;) , see you guys soon. Haig

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Capt. Kobie,
Good work and the boat looks great. Glad that new Raymarine digital souder is working well for you. See you on the water.

·
Registered
234 Posts
good job kobey we were chunking and ended up some a 35 1/2 and released a 33 1/2 all on bunker had alot of short run offs by small fish and lost a few due to not eatin the bait all the wa and just carrying it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.