BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was really too bad we had such nice days for fishing...almost makes you wish winter would come sooner right....

so sunday- my girl took my car so i took the motorbike down to the beach with my spearfishing gear...don't worry they saw me coming from afar with my dive flag sticking up above me out of the backpack.really low vis and with the blackfish moved off the jetty was dead..right before i turned to head back after 45 minutes a school of bass showed up..down low i could see their shapes above the rocks and picked out the biggest one i saw...actually shot 2 at the same time but one got off...so one fish at 28"...now i have the flag anda striper tail sticking out of my pack on the ride home...lunch for my girl and i

monday-headed out with my dad on lbi...after a long day we left with 3 bass in the low 30's with our share of bluefish(did i mention the bluefish were biting)..all caught on the troll..and got skunked on the bar with clams and doing some inlet drifts with live bait..

so tuesday-after hearing the tuna reports head out at home with my buddy from vermont...last time out he was puking ...today---well perfect day to be on the water. .lotta bait around down on bottom early on...scooped up a blue just out of the inlet...headed north and caught a bunch more blues...no signs of the tuna guys so head back down on recon mission...here the chatter but tight lipped...find the few boats offshore look around..80 -100 lb'er breaks water..um this is the spot then...set up for a troll..try a small blue for fun and only live bait i had...used some different lures...no dice...jig and cast some metal...4 fish break water in close- cast in seems like it's picked up and to no avail line goes slack...after a few hours and seeing over 30 fish call it a day- also picked up some more blues and some dogfish...last minute tuna prep was lacking...great to see some nice fish breaking water so close to the shore...wish we weren't in for this weather...great to hear a few guys picked up some bft...

saw a white boat around 40' out today flying a large dive flag up high..anyone know who that is...do a bunch of diving and looking to hook up with some people for offshore stuff

guess it's back to working on catching some bass amidst all these blues..

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Dive charters

Check out the Cape Queen for dive charters out of Cape May. They are a Bass Barn Sponsor and the owner is a certified dive master. (Kurt) They were out yesterday on wreck up off Sea Isle, NJ or maybe even further north than that but they do trips on a regular basis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts