BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Retainer, do you have a size preference when it comes to eels. I usually fish spot but they are pretty sparse this year. Never caught a striper on an eel.

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Retainer, do you have a size preference when it comes to eels. I usually fish spot but they are pretty sparse this year. Never caught a striper on an eel.
Yes, I like smaller eels, evidently they give off more scent. I had 3 bass on one eel today but by the 3 fish it was shell shocked lol. I actually tossed overboard today, 2 snake size eels. Don’t like the big ones. Medium is max I will go. Today I picked my own eels out at Tight Lines. Made sure they were Goldilocks eels-just right😀

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have had excellent luck fishing white bucktails 1/2 oz or 3/4 with a white culprits or other small plastic once the water starts getting cold in the back. Some times does better than eel. Bigger fish on the eel though no doubt.

·
Registered
79,630 Posts
I have had excellent luck fishing white bucktails 1/2 oz or 3/4 with a white culprits or other small plastic once the water starts getting cold in the back. Some times does better than eel. Bigger fish on the eel though no doubt.
Lost my last Bucktail to a bad knot(Me) so I switched up to a Sanhu Diamond Jig tipped with chartreuse. Boat one before I had to leave for the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts