BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day to take the boat out, and take the boat out I did! Fished tight to the beach 4 miles north of the canal in about 15 ft of water. Wind was blowing hard, obviously, but the chop was manageable within a mile or two of the beach. Only saw one other nutcase out there with us about 200 yds to the east.

Had doggies most of the outgoing with no stripers. :rolleyes: Would have preferred to get up past Bug Light but it got too rough once we got about 4 miles north and decided to drop the hook there.

Despite no stripers, we still had fun playing with the doggies and laughing in disbelief that we were actually fishing in a steady 20knt wind, with gusts that had to be close to 30!:D :eek:

Water temp was about 49 degrees with water clarity actually not too bad, considering the conditions.

Bait was clam (which were in excellent condition - thanks Chuck and Mary at Hinch's!!):D

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
Not Worth Getting Beat Up. Glad You Had Fun.

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
That's hardcore fishing. I spashed the boat yesterday and had a difficult time going across CM harbor. We had rods, but they were not used.

Good job. I saw two boats fishing in the back and the waves crashing over cold spring inlets N jetty were BIG!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not me

Had the boat all hooked up and ready to go Saturday afternoon, for first trip Sunday, checked the weather station, Saturday night backed it around back and unhooked it!:mad: Hopefully next weeked.

·
Registered
870 Posts
kliner said:
Had the boat all hooked up and ready to go Saturday afternoon, for first trip Sunday, checked the weather station, Saturday night backed it around back and unhooked it!:mad: Hopefully next weeked.
Me too, All boated up Sat. afternoon then went to Mulligans in Wildwood for dinner and sat there watching the weather channel crying in my beer.:( Oh well, we'll get em this weekend.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts