BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here we go...first striper trip of the season sunday! will be traveling by a 14 ft boat. Now the questions. Are the channel markers in the Great Egg Harbor Bay yet? What baits? what size hooks?...thanks in advance for any replies...anything and everything welcome here.
snags.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Chanels are marked, but be careful. The water can get skinny back there and you won't even know it. Take your time if you don't have a depth finder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
read my post in "chumming the surf". I chummed the inlet with my last few clams and picked up a slot to save the day. the fish I caught had a mixture of clams, rainfish, and grass shrimp in him. what was really interesting, in my opinion, was that all the contents of the stomach looked to be recently eaten as they were easy to identify and in fact I probably could have but them back on the hook as they were still pretty much intact. I caught the fish at the bottom of the outgoing around 11:30ish. good luck

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the replys. Now its more looking like ill be roaming the sods. Is there any place to fish at the power plant by foot?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was out yesterday and the channel markers are not in between the parkway bridge and longport bridge. Fished around the 9th street bridge, No Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts