BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

After a couple days at the dock for maintenance, we were back on the water today with Steve, Doug, Ken, Jason, Harry, and Drew.

Winds were a bit stiffer than expected in the morning, with 15 plus knots cranking out of the Northwest making for slightly choppy seas. Despite lackluster reports from boat's fishing yesterday, we got set up where we pounded them Thursday afternoon with our group. We didn't mark as many fish, but gave it the college try at this location. After an hour and only one half hearted bite, we made a move to another area that held fish for the last couple weeks. We found DIRTY water and didn't see much on the machine...soooooo, a u-turn and several miles later we settled on an edge where we found cleaner water and a handful of marks on the machine. Forty five minutes later, the anchor was coming up again and we were on the move for our last stop of the tide. Gave it a half hour, and with nothing to show, decided to call it quits at the end of the ebb. Why Sunday, bloody Sunday for the thread title you ask? That's for my bloody head after banging it against a wall all morning!

For the gentleman in Stalker's report from a few days ago claiming that charters inflate their catches as a means of 'luring fishermen on to their decks,' I would ask why then do I and most other boats report even when they don't have good days? If you're going to lie about one day, you'll lie about them all. Fradulent reporting on an internet message board where a large percentage of your clientele are members wouldn't get you very far, as you would be called on it immediately.

You wanted pictures to back up our supposed great catches, so here ya go!!!

Despite catching a skunk, we had lots of laughs and a great time with a great crew!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
good job adam! you gave it your all and thats all anyone could ask , matt

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
there you go again, just pumping it up to try to get some business. :p :eek:

I guess that guy in the Stalker's post hasnt ever had the bloody head from banging it into a wall trying to get out with one of the boats from down there, to him I say: There is a reason why those guys are ALWAYS busy and booked, its because they consistantly put there clients on fish, and if they dont, they sure as hell spend every last minute and dollar made trying.:)

Thanks for the nothing there Adam:eek: :p , hopefully with the forecast for the week you get some folks on some fish soon, and lots of them, see you in a couple weeks, maybe sooner.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i bet you never have 100 fish days adam:rolleyes: :p :D keep the reports coming :cool:

·
Registered
19,552 Posts
Capt Adam, thanks for the report. Similar reports all over the barn, what happened to the bite? Mine included

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Thanks for the report Adam. Sounds like spring fishing to me- one day they are there and the next those fish have the nerve to be chasing some tail up the river.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Adam- Congrats to you and your guys who go out all the time and continue to provide useful information to others. Anybody who even suggests that you throw out fraudulent fish catch reports are just plain stupid. With the sheer number of anglers you take out who look at this site, it wouldn't take very long for your business to be adversely affected if what you claimed were not true. In the meantime, we'll continue to scratch our heads as to why the fish aren't here/biting now.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
We Sat In The Same Area For 2 Hours With Not A Bump.6.30am For An Hour Up Further We Had Shorts For An Hour On Herring Chunks.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Good post Adam, somebody bring Kryptonite on the boat? :D I was down all weekend and that was a stiff NW. Don't let one guy with his panties in a bunch p!ss you off...the majority of guys on this board know better....Ed

·
Registered
48 Posts
The skunk gets everyone from time to time. That's just the way it is. Not that I would wish it on Adam or anyone else but it does make me feel better about my bad days to know a pro like Adam has them too! :)

In my years of searching boards/sites and reading reports I find that tackle shops (one in Delaware near a certain inlet especially) may inflate reports from time to time but not so much individuals or charter captains. I remember an entire Saturday about two or three years ago that I spent fishing the "certain inlet" in Delaware where the boats are so close you can see if anyone else is catching (that's why I don't fish there anymore, I don't care for crowds). I think I caught one small blue and an undersized flounder. I also only saw one or two other boats with one fish on the line. The following Monday/Tuesday the tackle shop reported on all of the fine catches that happened on Saturday in the inlet. That was the day when I learned that they used their reports to sell bait and tackle not to really inform anyone. I still read their report from time to time but I take it with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, they're not all like that. I also know a tackle shop owner in Delaware that I trust entirely and who has been especially helpful. He's up at Mispillion where I fish now most often.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Great post, the bay sure looked snotty Sunday!!!

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Spooled said:
Better not be a skunk Wed Cappy:D

%$#@ Happens !
not with that crew you have going:)
except for the biker dude;)

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
like my pal billy boy says...."sometimes the fish win".....

but you and the snug boys win 99% of the time....see ya on the 25th!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wait a minute...I talked with the guys as they came off the boat, they said they caught a case.... of beer.... oh and it was empty...as they were all running for the bathroom...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts