BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) WOKE UP SATURDAY MORNING TO THE LIGHT SHOW AND RAIN .WENT INTO TOWN LOCAL BAIT AND TACKLE. WENT BACK TO THE BEACH AND STARTED THROWING PLASTIC 4INCH PINK FINESSE ,AND STORM GOOGLE EYES"GREEN",BROWN SHAD.3/8 OZ LEAD HEADS TO 1/2OZ .FISHED FOR ANYTHING BITING . CAUGHT 3 STRIPERS ALL SHORTS 18,14,10 INCHES LONG. GOT ONE ON 6LB TEST. IT WAS FUN..SUNDAY WENT FISHING ABOUT 8:30AM ,NEEDED SOME SLEEP, CAUGHT 2 SMALL SHARKS.2 SMALL WEAKS ,8 SILVER PERCH ,1 17 INCH KEEPER FLOUNDER.USED FRESH SHEDDAR FOR PERCH AND WEAKS.FLOUNDER WAS CAUGHT ON 5INCH FINESSE.:rolleyes: WILL GO BACK IN TWO WEEKS FOR ONCOR!!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Was thinking of taking my buddy down there and try it,glad to hear about fish being caught.....Might not be a waste of time after!!!! Nice report

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sunset beaCH

If You Have More Than One Rod Set Them Up .each One Different Than The Other One Rod /slip Sinker W/sheddar Crab. The Other Rods Set Up With 1/2 Oz Lead Head W/pink Finnesse 4-5 Inches. Throw Left Side Of Jetty Near Rocks. I've Been Catching Flounder ,weakies Shorts, Herring,smallsharks.:d Have Fun!!!!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
L A R, thanks for the report. Your right ablout using different setups being that there are so many different fish around, all fun on light tackle, in the summer leave the heavy stuff at home. You sure that them silver perch weren't shad?? Live line them, there probably are some bigger staglers around beside them shorts at night time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sunset beach

no they were not shad or herring:) heck you can what the herring jump out of the water.light tackle is a blast 6lb test . caught 2 flounders 17 inch and 18inch. 4 short stripers 10 to 18inches 4 weakies,herring and silver perch about 10 fish ,2small sharks.most on plastic . pink finesse,pink shadlikesgreen storms ,brown ribbon worm 3/8 to 1/2 painted lead heads. fresh sheddar crab. will be back down in two weeks ...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey lost a rod,I'm in Tacony,near the Bridge,but I'm leaving first thing in the morning,thanks anyway,maybe another time...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Took my two boys to fish from Sunset Beach a week ago. We were catching small weaks, small fluke, and a 20" fluke, ALL within 10 feet of the beach. There were ripples/gullies in the sand and that's where the fish were.

We were using light tackle with a 3" *********** jig on a 1/2oz jighead. It keeps the kids occupied since they have to work the bait. When they got bored, we went to the snack stand, it was a fun day.

Al

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
akozols, 10ft fro the sand, you said it, they are in so close...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts