BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1979 236 MAKO Complete re-fit 2003. New T-top, Leaning post, Electronics: FURUNO Nav-net, flushmount color 10.4" screen. 225hp Perkins diesel (turbo) Complete interior cockpit repaint by Young's Fibreglass. Complete bottom job. Bondcoat and Micron. New electrical panels. New strata-glass enclosure. Refurbished trailer included. EXTREMELY ECONOMICAL ON FUEL 43K OBO
609-545-0400

[ 03-02-2004, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Pescatore ]

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Is this Mr Anthonys boat??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey fisher224, I emailed some pictures to you. I also emailed some pictures to ron reddington to post on this ad. Hopefully he can post them.

·
Banned
1,260 Posts
If I were you I would definately post that boat and those pictures on http://www.classicmako.com/ That site is devoted entirely to the restoration of old Mako boats. They have a classified section in their forums section. I bet you would find some interested people there. What kind of performance do you get out of that rig? It looks great. Did that hull sit stripped at Minmar for a few years?

[ 01-23-2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: fisher224 ]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased this boat from a private person in Avalon, NJ. I completely removed ALL Hardware top to bottom. Filled every hole and started over with the fitting of her. I completely stripped the bottom and applied "Inter-protect Bond-cote" by Interlux then 4 coats of Interlux Micron with bio-lux. I had 2 different welders fabricate a hard top-"T" top, and a leaning post/seat. ALL fill hoses, feeds, returns, vent hoses, exhaust and engine water hoses were replaced. All electrical wiring, switches, lights, cables, shift quadrant, were replaced. The fiberglass work was done at Young's fiberglass in Marmora, NJ. The water line was scribed and "Imron" spray painted by a true craftsman, Mr. Don Young of Young's Fiberglass. The engine is a 6 cylinder turbo charged Perkins diesel. I replaced the primary fuel filer with a "500 Series" Racor fuel water seporator.Engine has approximately 1000 hr. on her since new. As I had all records from the original owner who purchased her new. I am the second owner. My electronics package is a Furuno "Nav-net" system 36 mile radar, d-gps, chart plotter, depth finder, temp, speed all in a color 10.4" screen flushmount in the electronics box. Also a "I-COM" 402 VHF radio. She sits upon a 7000lbs. Refurbished "EZ-Loader" roller trailer. She does about 24 to 26 knots with full tanks. (2) 41 Gallon tanks. Extremely economical. I haven't had her past the 28 mile wreck, but the original owner said she's been to the Wilmington Canyon several times and raised fish. I am a boat mechanic and own my own business in Marmora, NJ. Any more Questions, please don't hesitate to call me. 609-545-0400 J. Anthony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts