BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed to ac to fish the back bays looking for some flounder. only had a few hours to fish since the girls had an aau basketball tourn in ventnor. so my buddy and myself head out on his new alum 16ft boat and drift for flatties and after several drifts and a few moves we found a spot that would alow us to drift decent in this horrible w$%&&*^, we had today. we decide one more drift and bam i land an 18 1/2 " flou. decide to do a few more 100 yd drifts each with a flatty but just one keeper and bam he gets one on and it comes to the top and swirls and we then know its not a floun, figured a shark or blue after a few more runs on lite freshwater gear we land a 32 inch fat striper. thought he was gonna fall out of the boat since it was his first. time was 11am in the inter coas waterway on outgoing and the bait was a strip of squid and a gulp crab. never expected to catch a striper , but we will take it. bb

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Had a similiar experiance two years ago. Went to the dock to sleep on the boat and leave early in teh morning to go offshore. When we got up my buddy was fooling around catching crabs and sand sharks under the dock. I threw a tiny hook with a small piece of squid to entice a crab and "bam" the line goes racing off. 28" striper. Never could repeat that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.