BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a light jetty, sodbank bag. Alot of the bags out there seem perfect for hitting the rocks but dont seem to have the versatility to be a sodbank bag as well. Some of the backpacks out there look pretty sweet and light but Im really just looking for a small bag.

The shimano bluewaves look sweet and the front pouch would be ideal to throw some plastics in.

On the rocks it would be plugs, bucktails and some rigged plastics.

In the back it would be small bombers and poppers, bucktails, jigheads and alot of plastic.

Is there a bag that I can pull double duty on? Alot of them look perfect for plugging up north but I really cant decide on one that fits the niche for my style of fishing. I could be on a bridge one hour, out on the sod later and finish up on the rocks in a nights fishing. 1/4oz jighead and plastics to 9" rigged plastics to monster pluggage and I need it all in one bag.

RyanF

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Sounds alot like what I went through when looking for a bag. I know all about jumping from bridge to beach to sods to jetties in a night! I ended up getting a backpack type bag from C'belas that is made by them. It has LOTS of room inside and I am a stickler for having as much of my stuff with me when I fish as possible. Comes with 4 plano boxes that are plenty roomy that I use for bucktails, smaller plugs, jigs, etc. The top of the bag has a very roomy compartment where I keep my rigs (in separate ziplock style bags) and literally hundreds of pieces of rubber lures from freshwater worms to grubs to jerkbaits. On the sides are more compartments which house my boga grips, hook remover, pliers, headlamps, Uncle Josh pork jars, etc. Also plenty of mesh compartments all around for misc stuff. But Ryan, if you want more info, shoot me an email. These are really good bags and have come in handy for what you are describing you will use it for. It is big, but use it as a backpack and everything you need for any type of fishing is right there for you.

When I know I am ONLY jetty fishing is when I'll pull out my 6-10 favorite plugs and throw them into a Canyon bag.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
It sucks they changed the design of the old Bronco bags as they're just about perfect for light duty. I have the old style single row...5 tube job that I think I paid $25 for and it has been the ideal bag for the sod. I Dremeled two of the tubes off to make room for a small Plano full of jig headed rubber, and theres plenty of room for bucktails and metal across the front. The new ones seem a little more geared toward plugging and hauling large lures in a surf capacity.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Even Steven said:
Sounds alot like what I went through when looking for a bag. I know all about jumping from bridge to beach to sods to jetties in a night! I ended up getting a backpack type bag from C'belas that is made by them. It has LOTS of room inside and I am a stickler for having as much of my stuff with me when I fish as possible. Comes with 4 plano boxes that are plenty roomy that I use for bucktails, smaller plugs, jigs, etc. The top of the bag has a very roomy compartment where I keep my rigs (in separate ziplock style bags) and literally hundreds of pieces of rubber lures from freshwater worms to grubs to jerkbaits. On the sides are more compartments which house my boga grips, hook remover, pliers, headlamps, Uncle Josh pork jars, etc. Also plenty of mesh compartments all around for misc stuff. But Ryan, if you want more info, shoot me an email. These are really good bags and have come in handy for what you are describing you will use it for. It is big, but use it as a backpack and everything you need for any type of fishing is right there for you.

When I know I am ONLY jetty fishing is when I'll pull out my 6-10 favorite plugs and throw them into a Canyon bag.

Good luck!
Steve which bag is it ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Surf bag

Try "AquaSkinz". A bit pricey but goes on the belt and carries what's needed. I think I got it from Bass Pro or maybe West Marine. Definately durable

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
weberlt1, you have mail because I dont think I can post the link on the board.....great tackle bag!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Some of the backpacks even have rod holders for your lighter rods which allow you to have a spare or two on your back!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Sounds like you really need two bags...
I keep one rigged and ready for fishing the back
and one rigged up for surf/jetty
Much easier this way

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ryan,

I think I have a bag similar to what even steven was describing, you may have seen me with it the couple times we ran into eachother. It's a great bag for storing all sorts of tackle and rain-gear in the large top compartment. I don't like wearing it all that much though. It becomes increasingly uncomfortable for me when casting multiple times.

To remedy I just picked up a Surf bag that has 9, 2" tubes for lures. It's super light and has a shoulder strap so it can be swung around back while I'm casting. It also has a side velco pocket for pliers and a side mesh pocket that i use for for a spool of Fluoro. The front pocket I'm going to use for a small assortment of jigheads. the inside back portion has a few small "loops" that I'm going to use to hang the hooks for any metal I carry. There is room to sneek 2 or 3 bags of plastics in there as well (I think, still shopping around for some plastics, everywhere seems to have them backordered).

In addition since it is not a huge bag, I set up for hopping around different locations two Flambuau series 9001s plastic storage boxes. They have tons of storage and fit underneath my car seats. I'll use them as a "tackle shop" to swap any different lures or other smaller tackle after driving in between spots. Plus they'll hold any back-up lures, terminal tackle, weights or bags of plastics I may need if I loose something or need to just restock the bag, since I am a freak and buy everything in sets (just in case).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, away from the computer all weekend taking tests and trying to kill some fish.

The backpacks looked sweet but I am trying to limit what I carry. Im not really down for carrying the back seat of the explorer around on my back for a nightlong trek on the sods or hopping around on rocks. I might just have to get two bags. I just rounded out my pluggage and rigged up a dozen sluggos and a dozen houdini shads, have all my platics except for pink zooms and I just need to get these damn bags to be all set for the next couple of weeks.

No one has the shimano bluewaves?

RyanF

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Bluewave

Bluewave is a perfect back bay bag. Just look at the number of slots for jigs and bucks. No comparison around if your going to carry metal. The main tube partitions are also designed for small or larger plugs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got the Bluewave for Christmas haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's loaded up and ready to go, nice bag ,lots of slots for plugs, metals, bucktails. And won't break the bank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts