BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im planning a vacation April 15 to April 22 to go to Hutchinson island Florida. We're staying right on the beach so I'm planning on Doin some surf fishing. Does anyone know what kind of fish u cAn catch off the surf that time of the year any tips would be very helpful :thumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
not sure about the area you wil be fishing but when I fish the surf in Fla. I always catch whiting (aka Kingfish ) pompano...small bluefish (2lbers)...a stray redfish....spanish mackeral....black drum....simple bottom rig with fresh shrimp...not sure if it this is helpful but it is what I have encountered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Dad used to live down there so I've done a lot of shore fishing in the area. From the beach it's pretty easy to catch blue runners and possibly pompano, blues or spanish mackeral and I've caught a couple small snook off the rocks down by the southern end of the island at a place they call the Fishermans Refuge, pretty easy to find.

The best fishing I found was off the Jenson Beach causeway or the small bridge adjacent to 1a (eastern end of the bridge), not the main bridge but the smaller one that takes you over to the public boat ramp. I've done well on sheepshead, pompano, and Spannis Macks off those causeways and if you venture out at night there are some big snook but that's a tricky business.

You'll see a bunch of guys lined up on the eastern end of the Jenson beach causeway (the lowest part of the bridge) fishing for Pompano. Get some pmpano jigs and something locally they call a goofy jig which you can buy at the Snook Nook which is just off the rotary on the western side of the Jenson Beach Causeway.

If you're an early riser I suggest you make the drive north to the Stuart inlet, that time of year you can get into early AM blitz's of Spannish Macks and Blues plus there are flounder and snook right next to the jetty rocks, both sides. Gotchas for the Macks, shrimp for the flounder, bombers for the snook.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.