BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be vacationing at a beachfront condo in Anglesea next week and want to do some surf fishing.

Has there been any action from the beach in that area? Blues, stripers, kings or weakies? Natural or artificial baits?

Thanks for any info, Barners.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just got back from the beach, there's kingfish in the surf at Moores Inlet beach (use bloodies or tiny pieces of clam). Also small flounder at the old NWWD bridge. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay Man:

Thanks for the comeback. What size hook for the kingfish? Never fished for them before.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
512 Posts
The smaller the better! Also recomend fishing the top and bottom of the tides, as there is lots of weed in the water. I prefer high tide, and don't cast out too far, they're in close. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again Jay Man!

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
Philly,

Check out Jersey Bait and Tackle, Linda will send you in the right direction. They have been catching some kingies and some blues. Small hooks for both, bloods for the kings and mullet or mackeral for the blues. Some fluke being coaught too on minnos. Things have slowed down, dog days of summer.
I tried last night for an hour, trying to see if any summer bass were around but no luck.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have been fishing the beach every night of the past week or so(I was in Las Vegas last week)...kings are on the beach (small circle hooks, #2 or so, with 2" piece of bloodworm)...as are the blues...smaller blues have taken over and are a pound or so...they are there every day at the turn of the outgoing...had reports of flounder over by the greek church and saw some blues caught there also....birds working over bait in the inlet almost every night...last night I had about 7-8 blues and one large (25 lb) cownose ray...what a fight on 10 lb powerpro!!!!
PHEW!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
ok.... if there are any guys out there who are trying to get their kids into surf fishing here it is...for the last 2 weeks Hereford inlet has been full of small bluefish...one to two lbs....some slightly larger...any evening on incoming or outgoing....you need moving water...from the beach right behind the lighthouse there is a natural rip setting up...full of these little toothy critters...any small metal lure or bucktail will work...for the last week you can get a fish on every cast...just watch for the birds they will point them out for you....I know were not supposed to post exact locations but there is nothing else going on here while these little toothy critters tear up the bait on the beach...I have tried everything to try and get below them with no luck..they are too thick...great for the kids though...cant miss..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.