BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I started surf fishing about 3 years ago always with live bait. I bought 2 10' rods from sporting good store they work well,but this past year I saw someone plugging and he caught 18 stipers to my 4. I tried plugging with my rods and got tired pretty quick, which comes to my question who makes a good puggin surf rod? I don't want to go broke ,but I would like to start pluggin this year for stripers. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Tica

Tica UEHA TC2 Graphite Surf Spinning Rod 9'
Tica Graphite Surf Spinning Rod, Length 9', 2 Piece, Power Medium, Line Wt. 10-25, Lure Wt. 1/2-3 oz, Cork Tape Grips, Fast Action $ 64.99 More Info

[ 03-08-2006, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Check the Tica's out they have come a long way and are a good value around 100 dollars.

Also look at the Shimano Spheros 5000FA I have one and it is a good reel for the surf. They go for about 100 dollars.

·
Registered
31,457 Posts
keep to something fairly light and 9' max. Tica's, Okuma's and Lamiglas surf kings are all good light rods for the money.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
"LAMIGLAS" Go with the Lamiglas 8'6" Tri-Flex Rod TS86MS 5/8-2OZ 10-17LB LINE. You will luv it, 2 piece also. Or the Tri-Flex 9'. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I second the Tica UEHA recommendation. I've moved on to building my own rods, but my first pluggin' rod was a Tica, and I still use it every once in a while. It's a good, light stick that performs reasonably well, and it definitely gives you good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all. Now that I have an idea on some rods its time to get out and fish. Thank you all again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts