BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can purchase quantity of hot pink transluscent surgical tubing in length? I made a couple of lures this past spring that got chomped to bits from the continous barrage of blues. They worked really well being trolled from my yak. I see surgical tubing on a medical site but i'm not sure if they sell it in differnt colors. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I probably have a 100' or so of it. It is pink irridesant. I also have green, chartreuse, and the glow in the dark, which is a little smaller diameter. Shoot me an email @ [email protected], it will be a lot cheaper than buying it in a store.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i haven't had any success on them with bass. in fact i havent caught one on anything that i have tried this year. But the lures i make absolutly kill blues in the back bay in the spring. i troll them in my yak. I have also caught a nice fluke last spring on one. I was pretty suprised.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is my homemade version. The top one is two separate pieces with a barrel swivel in the middle. The action on the top one is incredible. Its all in the curl of the tube. I used rubber worms as chasers. Blues couldn't resist in the back. But alas no luck with linesiders. I am going to make a bunch of these this winter with steel leader. Brian, where, when, and how do you use yours?

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I troll it from my yak - at the Cape and in the Raritan Bay down here.

Id like to try it out front next year in the kayak and also in the CM rips when the eel bite is good.

Have you seen these from Pt Jude?? The wooble heads give the tubing excellent snake like action

[ 12-17-2005, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i havn't seen them before. I'll make you one of my two piece versions for you to try out. snake action is really good, and it minimizes line twist.
So you have luck with them for stripers in the raritan? in spring/summer/fall?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts