BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inshore bite in SW Florida is slow except for Trout,Trout have begun to bite consistently in the deep holes . Gulp shimp in new penny seem to be producing the biggest at 18-20"
fresh shrimp gets eaten by the smaller trout
After the huge fish kill in this area I don't look for anything getting too hot for a coiuple more weeks
Another cold front ,but not quite so severe heading in over the weekend
Should not bother the trout if water stays clean

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
BW - my brothers and I are heading to Fort Myers on 2/25. because of all I read about the cold water and the dead snook, we decide to think about going out wreck fishing. then I learned that the grouper and red snap is closed in Feb:mad:.

Do you have any knowledge on what we can expect wreck fishing that time of year? We booked a boat called the Lady Rene which is docked over near Tony's at the base of the FM bridge. Full day trip for 900 hunj so we are really hoping to load up. any feedback is appreciated.

TF

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tog father---I was at the docks yesterday and most boats reported decent catches of Red Grouper and snappers along with bluefish
The weekly newspaper report indicated the wreck bite was pretty good and should continue to get better as water warms
UNLESS we get another good cold snap

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
bucktail.. i have a person in fl that i know who has a friend who is raising fish for bait and so on down there.. he lost over 600k worth of fish.. aint good at all.. the fish kill really hurt down there.. even said there is a problem with sea turtles coming in with huge tumors and so on too.. not cancerus but some on there eyes and so on that are hurting them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.