BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Levittown lake this morning with my 2 y/o son. Got there around 8am and caught 19 nice browns btwn 15-21" was home by 9:30. Kept my limit of 3 for the table and released the rest. All were Caught on pathon martin's (rooster tails).

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
logic a friend was there for the stocking he caught 24 in 1/2 hour.his biggest was 18" but he said there were a few around the boat ramp pushing 28".

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a call from another friend whos there right now he stopped counting at 33 and his biggest is 26" all on castmaster on the Church side. he side it looks like a school of bluefish found its way into the lake the way they are boiling up top.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That sounds pretty incredible. I like trout fishing in the fall, and plan on going this weekend (since the stripers arent thick yet). I normally fish scotts run, any reports?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Great report. The streams are in fine condition too, which make for a great fall interlude until the striped ones blitz. That's interesting that they put breeders in the first week. They must have a heck of a stock in store.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was surprised too first one I brought in was a big male and he was milking

[ 10-07-2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: gandy dancer ]

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
i belive scotts run is either this sat or last sat stocked
might try tomorrow afternoon there

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
went again today with the same results 22 fish in 2 hours. If you are a fly fisherman this is the place to be I watched a guy slinging a dry fly and he must have caught 70 fish!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I only caught about ten browns up to 14 inches today at scotts run. They only took shiners, no lures. I'll have to try levittown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe they stocked the Wissahickon Creek also on Thursday ,still some nice holes thruout the creek .Corn always a good choice when taking the kids .

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
ahhh the browns are eating the meat eh??

will try tomorrow to get out there

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went again on Saturday morning . got there around 5Am to beat the crouds . put my hip boots on and headed down the trail . when i reached the lake i could not beleive my eyes hundreds and hundreds of browns 2' from the shore line. Caught 30 on minnow before heading to my spot before the crowd arived.At first light started to throw a castmaster and had a fish on just about every cast.when the sun came up they stopped hitting lures and I switched to meal worm- again every cast had a fish on .Stopped counting at 50.Probably had close to 80 fish. btwn my crew of 3 guys I would guess we landed about 220 brown and 1 rainbow.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Levittown lake is off of Rt.13 "Bristol pike" in Bristol twp Pa. It's just north of the Burlington bristol bridge on the west side of the pike.

[ 10-13-2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: In Depth ]

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone needs any info about the lake email me . if you are not familure with the lake you probably will not catch.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
How do you like this beauty! 3lb 1oz! Caught on a little silver spoon in Atlantic County!

[ 10-13-2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Bgsdad ]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nice. I hit the Wissahickon yesterday. 3 little 10" browns in 4 hours, 5 carp, all on worms. Sunfish were the only thing hitting spinners.

Now that you have tormented me I guess I have to check out Levittown.

Hoping to get out there in next few days. How well does that little lake hold up after rain? Does not appear to have any creeks leading in. Can I fish it Friday if it rains hard tonight?

-----------------
Stocking Schedule
-----------------

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04256/377582.stm

Bucks County: Levittown Lake, Lake Luxembourg, Perkiomen Creek (East Branch), Oct. 4.

Delaware County: Chester Creek, Ridley Creek (and dh), Oct. 4.

Philadelphia County: Wissahickon Creek, Oct. 4.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts