BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any anglers were catching stripers in TI inlet, planning on going there Thursday. Thanks

·
Registered
799 Posts
We had some birds just off of Avalon on Sunday.
Casting around the sod banks has been working.
Also try drifting some clamms in the inlet. Get close but not to close to the sandbar thats out there.

Good Luck
Rob

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mako I know the direction your coming from. On your way to the TI inlet hit some of the creek mouths along the way. Cast storm lures, rattle traps, hopkins.
When you pass Pattys hole heading towards Avalon start hitting those creeks. When you get to the bend before the main causway bridge into Avalon there a good size creek right there it splits into two. Cast around the mouth of that one. Then move to the left side of the channel as you go towards the bridge. You'll see some old pileings sticking up near the marsh. cast from there towards the bridge. theres two creeks there that hold stripers.
Also if its flat in the ocean head to that Wayne wreck that I gave you the numbers for. It should have tog and seabass. If you have eels. Hook one in the tail and let it swim around while you wreck fish. Sometimes that will get a striper cruising the area.

Good Luck
Rob

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have been doing pretty well chunking clams in some of those same spots..also I know a few fish have been caught drifting eels around the TI Bridge..

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Better be careful drifting an eel at the wayne-I believe its outside the 3 mile area and the MAN has been cruising around

Great info Rob-hope the SPOT police don't give you a raggin.

PS turn FinAdvisor on to some of them spots-he needs to catch a 2004 striper

[ 11-10-2004, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fished TI Thursday from about 7:30 until 3PM, caught a 36'er 1st 30 mins. then waited all day for the 2nd, 30 incher. Lots and lots of grass. Just a nice day to be on the water.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Rob. Worked all day Thursday starting from about 7:30am. Nothing until return trip. Around 3:00 pm (low tide- practically no water) took a 35' at Paddy's on an eel. What a blast. Bowman got skunked unfortunately. "Geno".

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks, looks like we might clam for them tomorrow. If anyone is brave enough to be out, we'll be around Avalon tomorrow, give a shout.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been getting them steady off the rockpile in TI. Have to put your time in with plastics and swimmers. Night time is the right time.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
They are there and they taste GREAT!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
You would have had another one Sanibel if you did not use snapper blue tackle. But I guess you don't want to talk about that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts