BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting a ttop on my boat and was wondering a couple of things. 1) How much extra weight are they? 2) How much more drag will it put on the boat?

·
Registered
796 Posts
T tops arent that heavy i have unscrewed mine, lifted and moved it by myself to do work on my console. I would say it weighs maybe 50 lbs if that. The problem with them is that they will make you drift faster bc wind will kick up underneath it and push the boat faster, just use a drift sock on those days :D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
T tops arent that heavy i have unscrewed mine, lifted and moved it by myself to do work on my console. I would say it weighs maybe 50 lbs if that. The problem with them is that they will make you drift faster bc wind will kick up underneath it and push the boat faster, just use a drift sock on those days :D
Is that a C&C top? I have to take my top off at the console to redue the gas tank. Wondering how much work will be involved. I only have 2 legs towards the front of the top drilled into the deck and the aft legs are drilled into the console which I don't believe I will have to mess with

·
Registered
796 Posts
Is that a C&C top? I have to take my top off at the console to redue the gas tank. Wondering how much work will be involved. I only have 2 legs towards the front of the top drilled into the deck and the aft legs are drilled into the console which I don't believe I will have to mess with
What's C&C mean? I had to restall two captains chairs last year in order to do it properly, i removed the top,console and deck. Mine has four legs attached to the deck and then attaches to the console on the port and starboard sides at about waist high. The hardest part was getting the console to unset from the caulking, took some pushing and pulling to do. I would suggest having a helper, but the project could be done alone. heres a pic of it before we moved it back into place.
Floor Gas Concrete Public transport

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.