BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get everything organized on the boat. This will be my first full season fishing on my parker pilothouse. How do you guys store all your tackle on your boats. I was thinking about building a tackle center but starboard prices are outta control. Just looking for some ideas to keep everything neat organized and easily accesible.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Plano boxes dedicated to each type of fishing. Grab the box or boxes you need and leave the rest at home. Keeps your exposure low and weight down.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Trying to get everything organized on the boat. This will be my first full season fishing on my parker pilothouse. How do you guys store all your tackle on your boats. I was thinking about building a tackle center but starboard prices are outta control. Just looking for some ideas to keep everything neat organized and easily accesible.
Planoo trays make it easy to organize, eather tackle bags or boxes, I use both. Set up for fluke, blues, bottom fishing and stripers.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
parker pilot house..hhmmmm. do u not have a seat on port side that is a tackle storage center? just mark youre boxes in bright markers. one color for each species u fish.on my buddys parker we hang one of those suction cup knife holders to cabin on outside . then hang off the board a few xtra rigs for what were fishin for, a trble hook for bunker, and some castmasters if blues show up.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Plano trays for lures, jigs.
PVC tubes for umbrella type rigs. Keep all the tubes in 5 gallon buckets.
Tied rigs for fluke and sea bass can be kept individually in plastic carry cases meant for CDs, like a thick booklet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just hang my good stuff on the straight stock connected to my rocket launchers,or use mesh roll bags which work well for plugs and rigs as well as tuna feathers-:thumbsup:

How is that pilot house?? Good on gas?? was thinkn I might get the 21'...

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
How about something like milk crates to store Plano style boxes. You can stack them, easy to carry, won't rust. Easy to transport using a small hand truck.

Or a cooler, wheels and weather resistant, take a couple boxes with you to see how they fit before you buy.

Check out eBay for starboard, I've gotten some good deals for it there.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not as strong as Starboard but you can use Azek. You can find it at siding suppliers and comes in sheets as large as 10' x 4' in 1/2" sheets. I made a mongo fish box/ cutting board/ rod holder/ livewell and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i use the plano boxes as well boxes for each species and i use a 5 gallon bucket for plugs and jigs hang em on the lip

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Ken Huber here on the Barn had a real nice tackle locker installed on his 23' Parker. Maybe he can add some input here. Plenty of storage. So much that he forgets where he put all the stuff. :D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Probably the worst thing Parker ever put in their pilot house boats was the pedistal seats. What a total waste of space. I got rid of both and had a company Arrigoni, out of Conn. make me a custom seat locker that has 6 drawers of different sizes with nice seat with fold down foot rest. Other side bought from Parker an after market seat with dry storage under it. Eliminated all the hassel of storage and even impressed Rageboat. Best improvement I ever made on the boat.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Plano boxes dedicated to each type of fishing. Grab the box or boxes you need and leave the rest at home. Keeps your exposure low and weight down.
DITTO! Get the ones with the gasket seals and snap down locks.
Keeps the water out best. But wait until your stuff is dry before putting it back, because they keep the water in too.

Also what Joey Z said is great advice. Combined you will have accomplished your mission for well under $100 even if you have tons of stuff.

But if you have some coin to spend get some estimates on prefab and custom stuff. Check Barn sponsors or Google. There are some pretty cool options out there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
one of the box manufacturers also now has a box, maybe it's plano not sure, that has lotsa holes in the top and bottom to drain the water.

allegedly, just rinse the entire box down and you're done.
let the water drain\evaporate later.

not sure how it works, just sayin'

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
We like useing plano boxes as well and keep most of them in a soft case bag for easy access, depending on what we're fishing for we'll swap out a few boxes on each trip. The tackle inserts they sell for the plano boxes, my buddy put in his boat and loves it, just make sure you can lock whatever route you go. Sinkers and heavy jigs we keep in a heavier container like a canvas or heavy nylon bag for the sinkers, the jigs we use a roll-up canvas jig holder bag., since they can break the plastic containers. We use one of the plastic containers they make for soft plastics and scented lures, it has a nice tight seal so you don't smell them and it keeps them fresh. I like useing the little rig bag soft cases, that have plastic sleeves in them for alot of our pre-made rigs. We have 5 or 6 of them, one for fluke rigs,striper rigs, chunking rigs for tuna etc, and I put a piece of masking tape identifying the leader lb test and hook sizes., they work great. You won't see many hard plastic big tackle boxes on our boat, we use almost all soft case storeage cases, the only hard plastic containers are the planos that go inside the soft case. Offshore lures mostly go in the soft roll up type breatheble containers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2510XLD. I built my own to fit in the cabin. I posted it on Classic Parker web site under projects. I ysed 1/2" PVC sheets much cheaper and so far has held up great. If you have any questions you can PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts