BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got two Daiwa Saltist stt40H high speed reals from TACKLEMANIA from ebay for $146 each and $20.00 shipping. Took 5 days for delivery. great deal and good service.Regularly $179.00:D :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Dr.Mike said:
Just got two Daiwa Saltist stt40H high speed reals from TACKLEMANIA from ebay for $146 each and $20.00 shipping. Took 5 days for delivery. great deal and good service.Regularly $179.00:D :D
but does it come with any warranty when you buy it on ebay??:confused:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
this is gonna get removed....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dr.Mike said:
Greaterpark,
$140.00 is the best price I have seen. Where can we get them from?
I spend a few thousand dollars every year for reels and rods from one place .. I expect them to charge me the lowest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The question is, " Who is them ?" I would love to know where one can get such an inexpensive reel ? Or is this deal just for you because you spend alot with them! :) :) :) :cool:

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
Th moderators in the Barn Sale would have hacked this thing long ago.

·
Registered
713 Posts
greaterpark said:
I spend a few thousand dollars every year for reels and rods from one place .. I expect them to charge me the lowest.
I like everyone else, see nothing helpful from either of your posts in this thread.

What I see is someone gloating at anothers perceived savings. Arrogant

Why don't you share with others where you get your thousands of dollars of tackle at deep discounts.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i usually get stuff from one of the barn sponsors... i probably do pay a little more than i could on e-bay, but i stopped worrying about that a long time ago...

i go to the local store... hang around for a few hours...chat...bs... talk fishing... we set up the rod & reel...spool it... measure the drag... talk some more.. if the line's wrong or not the way we want it, re-rig it...etc..

if something goes wrong with the equipment in the future i bring it back to the store we fix it...

there is something to be said for service, people do need to make a living...

buying the rod and reel takes a few minutes... but i spend more time chatting with friends and learning more about fishing and people...

here's my plug for Offshore Bait & Tackle in AC :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Barry Sullivan Jr. said:
The question is, " Who is them ?" I would love to know where one can get such an inexpensive reel ? Or is this deal just for you because you spend alot with them! :) :) :) :cool:
Well ,I don't think I invest a lot of money for fishing compared to many others i found here first. I wish I can help him get it cheaper... But it is a deal made individually.. But one thing .. He at least realizes it can be much cheaper than total of $ 10 .. Do you get it??? again I cannot run around to get it cheaper for anyone I do not know... So you saved $ 30 $ 40 ... so what ??? is it going to make you very very happy???
If so, I will tell you. but I buy them ,,, not you. are you gonna send money to me to buy the stuff.... how can you trust me??? E mail is open. I can Talk to a seller to send the stuff to you.. you can talk to them. And again what am I doing for ??? First impression was that he's happy for $ 10.00 savings... stuff + tax + shipping well more than $ 10 savings.....
I have sometimes mentioned the shop's name on my posting...
I just thought it can be much cheaper than that in many other places...
Soory if I caused anyone feel bad.

·
Registered
240 Posts
not to piss anyone off but WHO GIVE A F*#K . so you save a few bucks here and there, If you are willing to search the internet for deals they are out there. I stay with my local tackle store ( Blackwater tackle in Vineland there I said it ) I may pay alittle more but when I go in there to get some live bait or some terminal tackle when I take the kids to the lake they always hook my up. I am a supporter of local business.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Its sad to say but the internet has taken alot of sales from local people. I dont blame anyone as price is price and if your willing to spend the time to find the best price then more power to you. This is one of the reasons we started up with our own online store. I was tired of loosing out on the many people that search the web for the best price.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I feel I have to make all the conversations staightened out. It looks things went awry by mistake.
I just impulsively said , well, it should be cheaper than that.. That's all I said. I never bought anything from internet site other than Dell computers in my whole life since late 80' when I first start using internet.
A shop I buy from is a local store in NJ I met in a fishing show.
It is a bit hard to digest someone saying such as " gloat" F*#K
Well, I don't know who's talking to who..
At any local shop, you can get it cheaper if you grow your own relationship with a shop. Further more, I don't think getting it cheaper is a priority to be concerned about. Simply put, why do you fish? to enjoy your life! to me. Bugging for a few bucks of saving can make your life miserable... Monetarily speaking, fishing makes you spend lots of money if you want. There is no extra money generated by spending for fishing other than your own joy. Retailers should make money too. They are willing to offer you good prices to keep you as their core customers.
Again I like to appreciate for all the postings other barners submit that I learn from.
Bassbarn is my home page sort of .... whenever I have time I just click into it and leave it there. Such intriguing postings that's not just limited to fishing but widening horizon of human life itself!

Thanks all.

·
Registered
149 Posts
GP sorry for this post getting a little heated. I do think everyone is looking for a deal with the price of fuel and all. As far as I'm concerned advertisers or internet, go with what makes you happy. I am lucky enough to live five minutes from "TACKLE DIRECT" (plug), and close proximity to many other advertisers. In hindsight I actually was hoping you could give us/me some info on where to find such a deal. I do think sharing info with members is always appreciated. It shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Information gathering is part of what makes the BASS BARN so great.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts