BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gentlemen, installing outriggers on a center console and wondering if anyone has experience with taco outriggers. My dealer is pushing for this brand.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Taco is a good brand. Why not install them yourself?
Just remember to mount with the backing plate (needed for hardtops). That will set you back about $55.
If you have a fabric top, you may need plates welded onto the frame.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ive fished the tacos on a couple different boats and they worked fine. However they always felt cheaper that the etec sailfish riggers that were on my old hydrasport.

·
Registered
209 Posts
pony up and go carbon fiber. I put the rupps on my boat last year. Remember that the lack of flex in the pole is a big help in setting the hook upon strike, not to mention being able to pull bars, bigger lures, etc.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hello gentlemen, installing outriggers on a center console and wondering if anyone has experience with taco outriggers. My dealer is pushing for this brand.
Finally, I got a pair of 15' tacos last year. Big improvement over my previous setup of 12' aluminum painters poles from Lowes lol. I doubled rigged them and pull smaller bars from the shorts without issues.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Taco is a good brand. Why not install them yourself?
Just remember to mount with the backing plate (needed for hardtops). That will set you back about $55.
If you have a fabric top, you may need plates welded onto the frame.
I have a hard top but a little nervous about cutting through, thanks for info

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have taco 250s on my current boat. They have a tendency to drop down on their own. My next boat will have lee sidewinders.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have taco 250s on my current boat. They have a tendency to drop down on their own. My next boat will have lee sidewinders.
That was always my concern with the tacos. Wasnt necessarily the poles but ive never liked the mounts. My factory installed etecs and the rupps my buddy had just felt and looked beefier. At 30 kts on a cc i want the best and strongest mounts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced my tacos lat year with the blys. There the 15 ft black ones. Ill make you a good deal on them if your interested.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I will echo what everyone else said; use what ever base you like best. Call Jay the guy behind the bly riggers. I have the 20' version and we run our dredges off them, as well we run a 48oz Joe Shute off his center rigger! They are as stiff as you would ever want; and super, super light!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts