BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While fishing behind Avalon @ Avalon bridge my son's girlfriend caught a tagged flounder. What is the procedure to contact the person? The tag reads " Return to Littoral Soc. Highlands, NJ 07732 #653934. Bucktail Willie is this one of your tagged fish? The flounder was a short, 14" long, released after removing the tag.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
All you had to do was mail in the tag # and they would have sent you a report of when where etc the fish was tagged.You should have left the tag in and just took the tag #.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
keyman --sure is one of mine, I tagged it June 30th 2005 behind Ocean City ICW 302 it was 12" when I released it

Please send the tag in with date,size, approx location and they will reply

American Littoral Society
Sandy Hook
Highlands NJ 07732

attn Pam Carlsen

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Willie,
We would have left the tag in it but we wanted to get it back into the water asap. We drifted through the bridge, picked up the fish and then I got snagged up. Had to run the boat, get the fish and get the snag undone. By the time we got everything back in order, the fish had been out of the water for a minute or so. Do you tags come back with a lot of sea grass and stuff attached? We couldn't even see the tag at first until we removed it all. Still I find it cool to see where the fish was caught last. He did swim away fine to be caught another day!

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
NO PROBLEM REMOVING THE TAG,either way is fine, key thing is getting the data correct and sending it in

Any fish with tag out over a year always has a lot of grass on it
I re-caught one of my tagged strioers that was out 7 years and tag was covered in brown grass but by carefully cleaning the tag the number came up clear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts