BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Monday morning with my 7 year son behind Strathmere.Last hour of the incomig and 3 hours of the outgoing.My son boated 7 fluke! 3 keepers,biggest was 4 lbs,his personal best.I boated 5,no keepers.Dad is proud.Thanks for dinner son!!!Squid and minnows.Calm,85*.Most fish were caught from 7-10am.Its not how fast you get there,its what you do when youre there!!!

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
"Teach a kid how to fish" used to be my signature and will be again sometime. But, congrats to the kid.....outgoin seems to be the ticket @ corson's

had a 10 fluke day there myself justa few weeks ago

will be doin some fishin this week down there with my 15 y.o. son, he caught his 1st fluke about when he was 7 or 8

Thanks for the report

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.My son is excited and I am proud.I think the early morning is the "reel" ticket.Outgoing sure doesnt hurt.Hope you and youre son have as much fun as we did."TIGHT LINES"

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wensday night my 5 yr old caught his first fluke on a penny gulp in the manasquan river, he's hooked.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Way to go.You should be proud.Keep it up.Just changed my sig. today from "nothing I like more than a kid catching a fish."That is the only thing I like about crowded conditions there might be a kid catching right next to you.:)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Danny G. doesnt have any kids.He's not that lucky YET!!! Tryin to add a pic,havin some trouble uploading it to myfishpix....Dont be jealous of a 7 year old Danny!!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
My kids 8 & 10 love to fish. My son even has a secret fluke rig! He'll only tell you his secret if you ask him!LOL:D He was smiling fron ear to ear a few weeks ago when he got a 5 1/2 lb fluke~ he's still telling the fish story. It is a great feling watching the kids reel them in- it's better than catching them yourself:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts