BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's me again. I just have to say something that just pissed me off today. I went down to the marina to snag some bunker but they weren't around. I was looking all over the water when I saw half a striper in the water. Just by the size of the head it must off been at least between 30 and maybe 50 lb easy. A little further down the other half of the body. If you're not planing to eat the fish please just release it. It's a waste of a beautiful fish. If I was to see you do something like that, I swear I'll report you or just knock some sense in to you. Please conserve our natural resource. Until next time I'll be here reading. Thank You.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I dicided to write the same here because nobody realy read on the other one.
I see your the same way so why judge me.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
troll, troll, troll away. My initial conclusion upon reading your report was that the fish got hit by a boat. Really, who would chop a striper in half to throw it away.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by mako6950:
Making friends, again, Phil???? ;)

I'm sitting here waiting for the next round of misinformation from the NWS.

·
Registered
904 Posts
No! smells like... :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the striper being cut in half by a prop could be plausible, but then again the head was inside the marina in an area where it's impossible for it to just wash up in. I believe the fish was cought out somewhere and dumped in the marina. It's always good to hear from different people with different opinions. That's why I like this place. Hope to hear from more of you guys.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's still probably a prop. The tides have washed all kinds of crap through the bays and having a house on the bay in Stone Harbor I can tell you that all kinds of stuff makes it's way into bays. Years ago we had parts of a sailboat that sank in Hereford floating by our dock.

But, point well taken. Respect the resources we have, and protect the fish that keep us going back out every day.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by ANGEL796:
Well the striper being cut in half by a prop could be plausible, but then again the head was inside the marina in an area where it's impossible for it to just wash up in. I believe the fish was cought out somewhere and dumped in the marina. It's always good to hear from different people with different opinions. That's why I like this place. Hope to hear from more of you guys.
You are making alot of assumptions, do you even realize that???

·
Registered
487 Posts
Boat Prop?? That would be one hell of a shot! I'd say the striper was more likely to be hit by lighting.

There fast fish They get out of the way when a boat comes.

I think someone did it to piss him off.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Alright I don't see too much more good coming form this thread so I am going to lock it down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts