BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it possible that some of you guys have room on your boats to take memebers of the US military out for a free trip this season? Many of us fish by ourselves and could use the company. Some of you guys have boats so big that taking an extra guy or two wouldnt be a big deal.
The smaller boats could take active soldiers , the bigger boats might have the room to take some injured guys. Just an idea if it takes off maybe we can stick it at the top and Ill start making some calls and see if we can get a link on military websites.
Ill start... I have a 21 footer and fish every weekday outside and behind Absecon inlet. I can take two guys any weekday.
I have a whole fleet of kayaks and will take up to four guys at night to bass fish under bridges. Everything will be free and Ill bring everything.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just posted this 10 minutes ago and got a call from Captain George of the "HEAVY HITTER" out of Cape May. He was very genorous and has offered to take 6 soldiers out on Mothers Day. Captain George's cell phone is 609-605-1084

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
barrell said:
I just posted this 10 minutes ago and got a call from Captain George of the "HEAVY HITTER" out of Cape May. He was very genorous and has offered to take 6 soldiers out on Mothers Day. Captain George's cell phone is 609-605-1084

Nice! :D :D :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
barrell said:
WOW BIG TIME PROPS to capt. George and his crew!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take A Vet Fishing-yes

There is a website http://www.takeavetfishing.org/ that I belong to and we take vets out each year.

What your asking for is great!

Its a way to show our VETS, our sincere appreciation, for their dedication and sacrifices to this great Country we all call home.

THANKS! & come fishing with us.

TAKE A VET FISHING...I DO!

Any VET can just email me with your contact information at [email protected] (make sure you give me all your info) I'll call you back and get you on a trip.

We fish inshore at Night eeling for big Stripers, daytime for fluke/seabass, sharking and offshore trips trolling and chunking for tunas/swords/marlin/wahoo/dolphin/tilefish.

There is no cost, just bring your food and drinks and let us put a fight on the end of your line and a smile on your face.

See our weekly reports, videos and much more at www.tunafishingmontaukstyle.wetpaint.com .

Marty

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a 32 Topaz and will take any active military man or woman out anytime I go. Boat is in Forked River.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Gotta love America

I only run a 17 center but very comfortable and sea worthy. Can only take one at a time but glad to donate 5 weekdays on the Susky flats this spring. Fantastic idea. Atta boy. Same here, if they can get to Havre de Grace MD. I'll cover every thing and have everything.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
I always wanted to participate in something like this. My day job schedule is absolutely nutts these days. However, if I could make this happen it would be an honor. Please let me know how to contribute and I will do my best to do so. If I can commit, I will!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm retired and can fish any day from late april through october. I fish out of Ocean City nj on a 28ft. ctr. console rigged for any type of fishing.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
barrell, looks like you created a full time job for yourself. Like I said, small craft but I'll do what I can. Keep us posted. I fish the rips at Cape May, Sandy Hook alot. Can fish any day of the week.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have all the phone numbers for Nj bases and will start calling them tommorrow. They include fort dix, lakehurst. Coast guard station Atlantic city and Cape may, the 177th fighter pilots are out of Ac airport. I hope that they can recomend one source to get the information out. If not Ill call one location at a time.
As far as injured guys I have an email in to the VA.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Any military guys who venture down to the Daytona area are welcome on my boat
Contact me through the board, email works I think now

·
Registered
399 Posts
great job guys !!!!

first off i want to say i think you guys are doing a great thing here. this is the first time ive ever heard of anyone doing something like this. I've been stationed here at McGuire Air Force Base for about seven years now. still yet to put a line in the salt. If you guys are truly serious about not minding a service member or two tagging along to learn a few things drop me a line either on here or at my email [email protected]

and again GREAT JOB !!!!

1 - 20 of 189 Posts