BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...
I'm pretty much a salty dog kinda of fisherman, but I was curious to know any safe, decent spots to take a 10 year old fishing on the Big D anywhere near or above NE Philly. Besides trouting on opening day, it would seem to me that this type of "bank" fishing wouldn't really bore the little one out her mind in 10 minutes. Also, what type of set ups? Of course I wouldn't break out my 11' heavers, so... I'm guessing an 8'6" with say a Penn 5500 would be sufficent tossing 3 to 4 oz of lead with some blodds or cut herring tied to the end? Any and all responses would greatly be appreciated?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but isnt bass fishing closed in the river till end of may?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
R&R thats the way it sounds.... but I still see people fishing the river..but there are loop holes the regs are made up for possesion , so it is closed to "possesion of the bass" must be C&R .. its a grey area .. hopefully I'll run into a CO and ask them.. :confused: the way the regs read its open from Mar 1st - 31st then again on June 1st- Dec 31st.. From RT1 bridge (trenton) to Salem river so that means the river in this area is off limits for stripers possesion only ... doesn't say that you can't catch them it just means that they have to be released ... otherwise it would be noted closed to fishing .... thats the way I under stand it ..

[ 04-03-2004, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: canyon caster ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Talked to game commissioner last week. I was also insure of the regs. According to him, "striper fishing is not closed, just don't get caught with one on your boat. I'd rather see you release one and it float away, than find you with on in your possesion". It was a Delaware County commissioner.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes Indepth You are correct From Comm.Barry Bridge North to Rt.1 Bridge in Trenton While Baitfishing You must use a IN-Line Circle Hook and Yes the GW's Check them,If you have offset types depending on the brand you can bend them to be in-line just be very careful dont use a lot of pressure you could crack one and lose a big Bass,Good Luck and get out there the Big bass push is on,A netter friend of mine said the big body of Bass left the Fort area later this week ,but he is still catchin Shad,HRL

·
Registered
498 Posts
Stop by Brinkman's Bait Shop at State Road and Linden. He'll point you in the right direction and they will know whats biting and where.

There is access for shore fishing at the Linden Av ramp and the Station Av ramp off of State Road in Bucks County. Station Av. is a few miles north of Linden but not as well known.

Good Luck!

[ 04-03-2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Dogface ]

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hit the nail on the head Brinkman's is the place. And Linden ave is nice for a young child the marina is to your left and the boat ramp so there is some activity to keep um interested as well as alot of people go there just to picnic. It's relatively clean. Many the time I went there the night before opening day of trout season to Brinkmans they're open all night and stood around yakin with all the other manic's like myself :D Still have a couple of pictures hangin in the hall of fame from a couple of trophy trout and one striper I nailed around there locally (patting self on back) All the people there fish which is always a plus,they really do care,which is sometimes a rarity.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you're willing to travel a bit farther north, there is decent river access in Neshaminy State Park. The park is off of Rt. 13 in Croyden.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fellas,
Thanks for the helpful info... Will checkout these areas, and if need be post some pics if neccessary...

thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you want to keep them go further north above the bridges in Morrisville. There is a boat ramp in Yardley you may be ablr to fish near. All the boats going in and out may make it tough. You can keep them up there year round on the Pa side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts