BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYBODY HERE FISHING FROM A FIELD AND STREAM TALON ? SEEMS LIKE A REALLY GOOD DEAL. COMES WITH A LOT OF BELLS AND WHISTLES. JUST GETTING INTO YAK FISHING AND HAVENT DECIDED ON A BOAT YET. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPR.:huh:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Try to demo one if you can. The field and stream line is made in Reading by Emotion. They are solid in durability but some are low on performance. I am not familiar with the Talon. It may be a great boat but try one first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Catching nice perch

Where you located? If you come by New Gretna will let you ride my spare Hobie outback...Bass will be jumping soon...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont really want to spend the money for a hobie. heard the out drive can be a minus in shallow water and weeds also.located right at the base of del-mem bridge.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Never had a problem with the mirage drive its always cleared itsself of weeds and ive bounced it off some pretty hard bottom.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
dont really want to spend the money for a hobie. heard the out drive can be a minus in shallow water and weeds also.located right at the base of del-mem bridge.
Everybody wants a Hobie some just havent realized it yet. In the 20 years Ive been involved in fishing kayaks all of the guys who in the old days said they would never used one are now all using them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Del Mem Br

That is a good area for Bass....and your right about weeds...Some of yhe pinelands lakes get so thick I have to clear the drive 2 or three times in a days fishing...just lift it out and shake the grass out. My Outback is a little to big big for pond waters. Never had a problem with weed in the salt ....the shalows, I half stroke it or paddle to open water

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I think Barrell ( John ) is right, If you plan on fishing you will eventually want a Hobie, hands free kayaking , especially in the salt or anywhere there is current is definitely a huge advantage.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
ANYBODY HERE FISHING FROM A FIELD AND STREAM TALON ? SEEMS LIKE A REALLY GOOD DEAL. COMES WITH A LOT OF BELLS AND WHISTLES. JUST GETTING INTO YAK FISHING AND HAVENT DECIDED ON A BOAT YET. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPR.:huh:
I got one at Dicks last March and it has been great, I have had it in the Delaware and countless lakes around Salem NJ. Water does collect in the seat area sometimes but I sit on a cushion now and that eliminates the soggy bottom. I have had it down to Wildwood a couple times and it can be a chore going into the wind against the tide but I imagine any yak would be.
Here is a picture just so we know we are talking about the same brand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Paddle into the wind

This is a windy day when I was trying to get a video of a knock down...Hands free fishing enables me to fish more places on more days and spend more time in the strike zone....if you can afford the the price. Add up what you are going to spend and where you want to fish....Have fun...Stay fit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjo31P_5zvQ Edit this video

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Dreadhtis, That is a way better looking kayak then anything they have produced in the past. I see you also have the future beach product form Canada.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Dreadhtis, That is a way better looking kayak then anything they have produced in the past. I see you also have the future beach product form Canada.
You are correct, I got the future beach for my son when he can come along. I also use it when I am just hitting a local pond and don't really want to haul the bigger one out. I like the Talon for what I use it for, if I were going to do more in the bay and ocean I would want a Hobie!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts